Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Standard with HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. New to the forums and first post.

Looking to buy a Model x. came across a 2019 standard range with autopilot. Looked around a bit but couldnt find the information anywhere.

Is it possible for a 2019 model x standard range to have hw3? Looks like the car was delivered to dealer in or after May.

If not, can I add the fsd feature and get it upgraded for free at a later time or will i be stuck with hw2.5?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Gwasabi,

Welcome!!!

There is an easy way to check if you have access to the car or if your sales person has access to the car:
Go to the "Software" tab on the main screen and select "Additional vehicle information."
If it shows Autopilot Computer: Full self-driving computer then you have Hardware 3.
See the picture below:
Additional Info.jpg

If you do not have that computer, you will get it added some time after you purchase the FSD feature.

Good luck,

Shawn

• Helpful
Reactions: ChadS
Tesla started installing HW3 in production cars on April 2019. I would ask if they can provide you when the car was produced. If the Model X your looking at is on Tesla's used website, then they can tell you directly.

Yes. If the vehicle has HW 2.5, it can be upgraded to HW3. FSD will need to be purchased for $7,000 ($8,000 After July 1st).

Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess I'll check in 2 weeks time. Decided to go for it since the only difference between the 2019 and 2020 is the Autopilot computer and wireless phone charging...... at least form what I'm reading.

Fun facts.

I just picked up my 2019 MX Standard Range last week. The Tesla rep said my model was Raven model.

checked extra info. Looks like I got some sort of Frankenstein.

Everything is Raven except the AP computer. . . . I guess in Japan AP isnt much of a priority but I got FSD so eventually Ill get a free upgrade I guess.

Attachments

• 20200607_211812.jpg
    20200607_211812.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 109