Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X to Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like I said, you pick the car that suits you and your needs best. I just wanted to make sure you knew it is more complex than just seats themselves.

We figured out that the compressor was bigger because among other things 6/7 seat cars draw noticeably more power during preconditioning on a hot summer day - which presumably means they cool down faster. That's probably not worth $3k to most people, but it's not worthless either.

Certainly love the six seater with captain’s chairs and might have opted for it but couldn’t justify the expense for something we would rarely use. Prefer six to seven seater too by a lot.

I’m mostly psyched about the cybertruck for the driving we do but this X has really grown on me. I’m hoping my wife gets hooked on it so we can trade her 3 in for the CT. I’ve also ordered a Y for her so she can decide Y or X but I only ordered it recently so doubt we’ll see it soon.

The great thing about Tesla’s is their resale is so strong that we can try them all till we’re satisfied, prob is they’re all way too satisfying!

Reactions: Saghost
Not sure I agree your five seat version theory.

Many including me opted for the five seat version as it fits our needs. No kids, no desire to be the car among our friends who can take everybody and more cargo space for the two of us. And less expensive.

Why pay for seats you’ll never use? The last thing I want in my X is six or seven people in it, if I wanted to do that I’d wait for the Tesla minivan.
I have no statistical data to support my theory, but I've noticed time and time again that the 5 seat MX's sit on these forums much longer than their 6/7 seat counterparts (for sale). Also, I agree with the others about the cooling factor being a concern for those that are actually aware of how poor it is in the 5 seat version.