Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X vs Macan EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I have been debating between getting a Model X or the new Macan EV and keep going back and forth. Has anyone else explored both the cars? I test drove Model X and really like the comfort of the car/air suspension/ etc. but haven't driven the Macan EV. Would love to hear from you guys if anyone compared the two. Thanks!!

small sucker...

everyone has different requirements, goals, etc. The second row, deal breaker.

But a german fit and finish, quality, sure.

1714426276766.png

I have an X, am considering the Macan. Yet, you will get a lot less space, just the 4+1 seats. Quality will be a lot better for sure. Driving experience will be better if you are pushing it, the Macan will likely feel more of a "driver" car. But those FWDs ;) The GUI and ergonomics of the X will be better than the Porsche, yet the Macan will have the headsup display etc. No more front shudder with the Macan. I think the efficiency is similar, this is the new PPE platform of the VW group and it can likely compete with the X. This is not an easy one, if you need the space, go for the X. If you want a superiour driving experience, go for the Macan. One other thing, it is possible they will come out with a new X in 2 or 3 years, that may impact your re-sale value. Yet, I think Porsche is also not know for their great re-sale value... No matter what you will go for, both are great cars and fun to drive.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Thank you all!! I don't mind the car space of Macan since my wife already has a minivan to lug the whole family around. I'm looking for a better driving experience which I think Macan will have more than X. Although, I really like the driving of X and the air suspension (I drive an X5). So for the experience I was leaning towards Macan but I feel like Technology/self-driving etc. Tesla is way ahead of everyone...

I have an X, am considering the Macan. Yet, you will get a lot less space, just the 4+1 seats. Quality will be a lot better for sure. Driving experience will be better if you are pushing it, the Macan will likely feel more of a "driver" car. But those FWDs ;) The GUI and ergonomics of the X will be better than the Porsche, yet the Macan will have the headsup display etc. No more front shudder with the Macan. I think the efficiency is similar, this is the new PPE platform of the VW group and it can likely compete with the X. This is not an easy one, if you need the space, go for the X. If you want a superiour driving experience, go for the Macan. One other thing, it is possible they will come out with a new X in 2 or 3 years, that may impact your re-sale value. Yet, I think Porsche is also not know for their great re-sale value... No matter what you will go for, both are great cars and fun to drive.
Thanks! How is the driving experience for you with X? Anything you don't like?