Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y 2023 Driver side door fully opens on 2 button taps instead of 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new 2023 model Y long range. I have to press the driver side button twice to open the door. More specifically, I push the button it partially unlatches then I have to press again and push on the door to exit. Is this normal? The other doors, 1 button press then door will push open.

I have a new 2023 model Y long range. I have to press the driver side button twice to open the door. More specifically, I push the button it partially unlatches then I have to press again and push on the door to exit. Is this normal? The other doors, 1 button press then door will push open.
I have the same car and issue but it is all the doors. It is intermittent. On the drivers side, it happens rarely. On the passenger doors, people complain that they can’t exit the vehicle. I thought it was because they tried to exit before I pressed park. However not sure because yesterday, I was in park. I pressed the button. The door wiggled but did not open. A latch was preventing the door from opening. I pressed a second time and the door could be pushed open. My wife said she had pressed 3 times once to get the door to open.

Upvote 0