Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Model Y - Pics + Vids - Tint, PPF/Clearbra, Ceramic Coating, Vinyl Wraps, Wheels, Aero

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I made a similar thread on the Model 3 forum showcasing all the products listed in the title installed on 3's to give owners ideas/inspirations on what they can expect/do for their 3's (link). Now that we're getting more Y's in, I want to do the same for the new Y owners as well.

This thread is going to be an on-going compilation of pics and vids (mainly vids since I started video documenting our projects) of Y's we've completed, so members can get a better idea on how something might turn on for their Y if they get the same service/products. Here's some basic info I want to address that will get commonly asked.

• Tints we use are either Photosync or Ceraluxe in these pictures/videos, unless otherwise noted. Incredible high heat rejecting window films. I'll post a link to both films and their specs, in case anyone is interested. Photosync & Ceraluxe. These brands may not be available in your area.
  • Check with your state tint laws before deciding on a shade for your Y. We're located in Houston, TX, so the shades we commonly use, may not be legal where you live.
  • The color of the films will differ from brand to brand, but the darkness should be very similar assuming the % are exact (35% vs 35%)
  • We offer a few different types of clearbra/ppf. ClearGuard and Satin Guard are our favorites in terms of look and finish. These brands may not be available in your area.
Content you can expect to see on Y's that I'll show:

• Window Tint
  • Clearbra/PPF/Paint Protection
  • Vinyl Wraps
  • Chrome Deletes
  • Center Console/Dash Wraps
  • Aftermarket Rims
  • Ceramic Coating/Paint Correction
There may be more but these will be probably the main ones since we do these the most. Basically anything Y related, I'll post here so if someone happens to be in the market for the same thing, hopefully seeing it on another Y will help you make up your mind. If you have any questions leave them here and I'll try to answer them. If you want to buy products like wheels or aero kits, or you're in Houston and want us to work on your car (we'd love to!) chat with us live on our website www.evsmotors.com and the sales team will help.

Last edited:
Model Y owners what do you think of this color?

We turned this Y into a matte slate blue—really clean and subtle! It’s more blue than the factory blue from Tesla but still has purple hues in it when it’s shady. Beautiful color and definitely a solid choice for anyone wanting something a little sportier but not too over the top. We also wrapped the center console in matrix black and tinted all the windows with Ceraluxe.

We also tinted a Model 3 in Photosync 75 all around in case anyone wants to see how a super clear tint looks on a 3. Great option for those wanting maximum heat rejection without the tint look.

~1:29 Model 3 tint & center console wrap

~4:41 start of Model Y project

~8:00 walkaround of Model Y project

Reactions: EveryAmp
“Is clearbra (ppf) really worth the money?”

It boils down to how much you care about your paint and how your Tesla’s looking 2,3,4,5+ years down the road. If this all sounds boring to you already, then skip this. But if the thought of having chipped, scratched, or scuffed paint sounds painful, then consider it.

Here’s a quick test I made showing how much damage clearbra can take before any real damage gets transferred to your actual paint. I know it’s not exactly scientific, but it gives you an idea on what to expect from its durability. However at the end of the vid, I did collect 4 real world damages from Tesla clients, and you’ll see how clearbra has saved their paint and them from having to repaint a panel that may never match 100% again.

Test starts at the beginning, the 4 examples starts at 5:07.

Reactions: olsookie
For all the Y owners looking for aftermarket wheel ideas:

Here's a Y with Vossen HF4-T wheels in 20". A nice multispoke design giving it a classier look while the twist in the spokes plays a bit of a homage to how Tesla loves to add a "twist" (pun possibly intended) to most of their wheel designs.

A couple Tesla projects got finished up at the shop in this new vlog. Brand new Y gets the whole car clearbra’d, tinted, and center console wrapped. Protecting the car right when you get it, is a great way to start a fulfilling new ownership experience.

A 3 comes in for a chrome delete and a power trunk upgrade. I wish Tesla would have made this standard or at least given us an option from factory. So convenient being able to a trunk that’ll open/close at the press of a button (or with a wave of a foot!). Best part is that it works with the button on your touchscreen! How cool is that?

~ 3:35 mark for Tesla Model Y - clearbra/ppf, tint, center console wrap, and water beading test

~ 5:50 mark for Tesla Model 3 - chrome delete & power trunk installation/walkthrough

A popular question we get often from clients looking to wrap their cars matte/gloss/satin black often revolves around 3M and Avery and their visual differences (or maybe lack thereof). Here's a brief video where we take a look and compare the different black vinyl wrap samples from both brands and see if there are any visual differences. We also take a look at a third brand that may give these 2 popular brands a run for their money.

With more and more Model Y's coming through getting tint done, I want to show the most popular tint shade setup for Y's we've done, so you can get a visual idea what to expect in terms of darkness.

Photosync 30% on the sides, back, sunroof (yes that big top single piece of glass!) and 70% on the front windshield. Look into this setup if you absolutely want to experience the most comfortable interior you possibly can with the Y and/or need thorough skin protection from the sun's rays.

Model Y owners, consider these products before you risk damaging your paint.

Here’s a brand new Y that just got delivered to us. The entire car is wrapped in our clearbra/ppf—the complete protection for whatever life happens to throw at us. Topping it off with a coating, the paint looks glossier than even brand new Teslas coming out of the factory.

We also tinted the windows and wrapped the center console for a more subtle black vibe.

Check out the project starting at 5:49 mark.

The secret to keep that Model Y paint looking clean and glossy all the time. Check out this clip.

Brand new Y came in and we installed some of the most popular services/products Y’s ask for.

Clearbra/PPF - great way to protect your new paint from physical damages like rock chips, scratches and scuffs. Protect a panel, the whole front, or the entire car is entirely up to you and is completely customizable.

High heat blocking tint - this is not your basic $99 tint, but something that’ll actually keep your interior comfortable, lower your battery usage, protect your seats, and maximize range.

Center console vinyl wrap - fun, little way to make your interior a little more unique while keeping fingerprints off the gloss black panels.
Stay tuned until the end to see how this clearbra can CUT DOWN your Model Y cleaning time.

A quick how-to guide to helping you filter out and navigate through all the tint brands/options you'll find yourself facing when looking to get tint done on your car. We talk about the main categories of tint (dye, ceramic, metallic, and IRD) and what benefits each one offers, so you can decide if it's right for you.

We also talk about key specs to look for so you can effectively compare two different films and narrow down which one will perform better for your needs.

Tinting can get really scientific, but the points brought up in this video should be more than enough to help you go to your local tint shop, check out their selection, and quickly rule out what you don't want and be happy with your choice.

Hey Y's!

I know this is a 3, but seeing how the 3 & Y share similar body lines, I'd love to share this vinyl wrap job we did in satin frozen vanilla. In case anyone was considering this color for their Y, maybe this will give you some idea on how it'll look.

What I really like about this is how much it compliments the new satin black trims from factory. The metallic flakes in the wrap is very similar to the amount found in Tesla’s factory paint, but the flakes are more gold, giving you that classy look. See what you think.

~ 5:45 mark for Model 3 Satin Frozen Vanilla project start

Here’s a popular set of services that new Y owners love getting.

Full car is wrapped in clearbra for ultimate protection against scratches/rock chips, tint on all the windows, center console wrapped in satin black, and ceramic coating on top of the paint for that hydrophobic action. Since it was raining in the video, you can see all the water beading taking effect on the paint, which is really cool. A bit of driving and the water will bead right off.

I know this is an X but I feel this is too good of information not to share, especially for those curious about clearbra/ppf and how it can help with real world/daily mishaps.

The most common damage we see on Model X's and how to prevent it.

Happens frequently when they're opened inside a garage. Can't count the amount of X's that've come in with this. If you park your X inside a garage or any where with tight space above and beside your car, consider getting the doors wrapped. Saves the paint, which in turn saves you money and time being in the shop.

This is for a 3, but we can do it for the Y and since the Y has the same steering wheel as the 3, I figured I'd share this with you all in case anyone is interested.

This is a client's custom made steering wheel for his 3. Matte carbon fiber top and bottom, reinforced side bolsters for better grip and handling, white accents and stitching along the sides, and matte carbon inserts on the face. These aren't those stick-on inserts as you see in the video these are the real deal.

With summer rolling around, we'll be using our cars a lot more for fun, so here's 2 popular products/services to prep you for whatever adventures this summer brings!

Clearbra - perfect way to protect and preserve the new paint for years to come. Buffers against scratches, rock chips, and scuffs. Plus it's hydrophobic--making your car easier to clean!

Photosync window film - the highest heat blocking tint available in the market. A MUST for us Texans who spend a lot of time driving for work or trips. Increase your battery life by reducing your AC usage and keep your interior cool and comfortable no matter how hot it gets this year.

If you have Tesla’s Pearl White paint and want to turn it into a beautiful satin color—check out this Y.

What you’re seeing is the FACTORY paint wrapped in Satin Guard. This turns any factory color you have into a translucent, satin finish. What makes this film unique is that it doesn’t wash out your paint color to make it satin—this IS the factory finish with its metallic flakes.

But this isn’t just for looks, as this film does an awesome job protecting the car from rock chips, scratches, and even scuffing too. Perfect for whatever life throws at you (or at your Tesla).

4:46 mark Model Y project begins

With the increasing amount of Tesla deliveries as of late, an inevitable question will arise for all of us Texans: with all these big windows, how do we keep the heat out? 😅

A quick rule of thumb is to look at the TSER% number on any tint spec sheet. This will help you determine how much heat's getting blocked. Find the highest number possible for the most comfortable interior possible.

Here's a Y that we tinted with Photosync on all the windows. Highly recommend this for anyone who's serious about keeping their interior cool as possible.

PSA: If you're getting clearbra (ppf) done or had it done, make sure you don't have these on your Tesla. Depending on the issues, some may be fixable (if addressed earlier than later), but others aren't.

As mentioned in the video, this is NOT to bash anyone. I made this video to educate owners who have 0 knowledge/experience with clearbra and may not know exactly what's considered "acceptable" in terms of a good quality installation, especially if they were told that they're suppose to get a high quality job.