Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y trunk storage with 3rd row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lorih

May 12, 2013
I'm trying to a sense of how much storage there is in the back trunk of a Model Y with the 3rd row up. Online I only see 'max storage' which includes frunk and the space with both 2nd and 3rd row folded down. Can someone that owns a the 3 row configuration please measure and post the size of the useable trunk space? Better yet, if you can compare to a Model 3 trunk/frunk space for reference that would be great.

It is hard to define usable but the removable shelf in that area measures 38x20. I have the MY7, highly recommend anyone doing so also consider purchasing a roof rack and box. I have a Thule XT XL and have a ton of space no matter what.
What about getting a trailer hitch with those small leaf shaped trailers?

I'm trying to a sense of how much storage there is in the back trunk of a Model Y with the 3rd row up. Online I only see 'max storage' which includes frunk and the space with both 2nd and 3rd row folded down. Can someone that owns a the 3 row configuration please measure and post the size of the useable trunk space? Better yet, if you can compare to a Model 3 trunk/frunk space for reference that would be great.
I watched a Youtube that showed 19" from trunk latch to back of rear seats. The YouTuber also pointed out with the trunk closed it greatly minimizes trunk room.