Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple things not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Woke up this morning and started driving to work. First thing I noticed is the auto headlights wouldn't turn off. Then I got on the highway and noticed autopilot, cruise, and lane tracking/blind spot monitoring wasn't working. It doesn't show lane lines, other cars, nothing. Then I went to park at work, and the back up camera is just black. What is going on!? Tried to reset by holding the two scroll bars and didn't help. Also tried the power off button and that didn't work. I'm on 2019.20.4.6 if that helps.

Woke up this morning and started driving to work. First thing I noticed is the auto headlights wouldn't turn off. Then I got on the highway and noticed autopilot, cruise, and lane tracking/blind spot monitoring wasn't working. It doesn't show lane lines, other cars, nothing. Then I went to park at work, and the back up camera is just black. What is going on!? Tried to reset by holding the two scroll bars and didn't help. Also tried the power off button and that didn't work. I'm on 2019.20.4.6 if that helps.

Did you try CTRL-ALT-DEL? aka, both scroll wheels WHILE holding the brake pedal down?

Reactions: C141medic
I had the exact same experience this morning (same sw version as well). Noticed the auto high beams were on in my neighborhood, no lane lines or cars. I did the standard button reset when I got to work and plan to see if that fixed things when I go home tonight. Will try with the brake pedal if it still happens.

This is fairly common and has happened to myself. This happens to cars that have Sentry Mode on (and thus never sleep). Turn Sentry Mode off and make sure no apps are pinging the car. Once it falls asleep, let it sleep for 30 minutes or so. After that, it'll be fixed.

I'm guessing you both have Sentry mode enabled. Take out your USB. Make sure your USB drive isn't full, turn off sentry mode, go to the service menu and tell the car to shut down. Give it a few minutes, wake the car, install the USB, turn Sentry back on.

I'm guessing you both have Sentry mode enabled. Take out your USB. Make sure your USB drive isn't full, turn off sentry mode, go to the service menu and tell the car to shut down. Give it a few minutes, wake the car, install the USB, turn Sentry back on.

Nope, no sentry mode enabled. But I get what you are saying though. I'll have to investigate some more.