Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music partition on USB drive not visible after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 2023.27.6 with FSDb 11.4.7.2. The music player no longer sees the Music partition on the USB drive. I can still see it on my PC. The drive has 3 partitions:
- BOOMBOX
- MUSIC
- TeslaCam

When I switch the music player to USB, it only shows the MP3 files in the BOOMBOX partition. It used to show two USB drives and let me select one.
Any suggestions?

UPDATE:
I removed the drive and put it back in a couple of times, with no change. Rebooted the system, powered it down - same results.

Then I changed the BOOMBOX partition name to XBOOMBOX, thinking it would make the MUSIC partition appear first and become the one where the files are read from. When I put the drive back in, both USB "devices" appeared, so everything is back to normal. Not sure if changing the partition name is what did the trick, or it was just a co-incidence.

Last edited:
Just installed 2023.27.6 with FSDb 11.4.7.2. The music player no longer sees the Music partition on the USB drive. I can still see it on my PC. The drive has 3 partitions:
- BOOMBOX
- MUSIC
- TeslaCam

When I switch the music player to USB, it only shows the MP3 files in the BOOMBOX partition. It used to show two USB drives and let me select one.
Any suggestions?

UPDATE:
I removed the drive and put it back in a couple of times, with no change. Rebooted the system, powered it down - same results.

Then I changed the BOOMBOX partition name to XBOOMBOX, thinking it would make the MUSIC partition appear first and become the one where the files are read from. When I put the drive back in, both USB "devices" appeared, so everything is back to normal. Not sure if changing the partition name is what did the trick, or it was just a co-incidence.
Do you have to create a separate partition or can you just create a separate MUSIC folder?