Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB drive format post Dec'23 update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I heard Tesla changed how things can now be stored on the USB drive. No more need for multiple partitions.
I erased my USB-C drive, formated exfat. but I'm unable for the car to see any files.
Specifically I have the LockChime.wav file in the root but ToolBox does not see it.
Any suggestions?

Hi, I heard Tesla changed how things can now be stored on the USB drive. No more need for multiple partitions.
I erased my USB-C drive, formated exfat. but I'm unable for the car to see any files.
Specifically I have the LockChime.wav file in the root but ToolBox does not see it.
Any suggestions?
Not sure about that first part but if the custom lock chime is not working, it could be that you're adding an unnecessary ".wav"
You're probably not seeing file extensions in windows, so by including ".wav" you're actually naming the file "LockChime.wav.wav"
Just try naming your file "LockChime" and see if that works

Somewhat related to the OP. I really like the Tesla included "chirp" sound for locking and unlocking the doors. The horn is difficult to hear sometimes with traffic noise. However, it chirps twice whether it's locking or unlocking. Any way to make it chirp once for lock and twice for unlock like the default horn locking sound? Thanks.

Reactions: Jaymc5