Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My experience with the Taptes Mats, and their customer support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taptes and its lack of customer support

As many other tesla owners, I have many times looked at the Taptes website for cool extras for my TM3. Before i got the car, i decided to order the taptes model 3 floor mats, both due to the price, and the semingly good reviews of the products.

After installing the mats in the car, the first 3 months went by fine, without any issues. As i used my car more and more, the mats in the drivers seat started to deform, to a point where when I'm entering the car, the mats are completely off.

I then contacted taptes, to hear what options there might be. I did expect the mats to hold longer than just 3 months, but this is where the frustration started.

I have for 2 months been in contact with the customer support, or its lack of it. Taptes has several times ignored my emails, and after some time come up with excuses that the email was caught in spam filters, etc.. They have time after time stalled the process, telling me they wanted to get back to me after talking with the factory, and so on.

I have almost given up, to a point where I'm just looking for some other matts now. I can't recommend the Taptes mats any longer, nor any of their products, due to the lack of customer support.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Taptes and its lack of customer support

As many other tesla owners, I have many times looked at the Taptes website for cool extras for my TM3. Before i got the car, i decided to order the taptes model 3 floor mats, both due to the price, and the semingly good reviews of the products.

After installing the mats in the car, the first 3 months went by fine, without any issues. As i used my car more and more, the mats in the drivers seat started to deform, to a point where when I'm entering the car, the mats are completely off.

I then contacted taptes, to hear what options there might be. I did expect the mats to hold longer than just 3 months, but this is where the frustration started.

I have for 2 months been in contact with the customer support, or its lack of it. Taptes has several times ignored my emails, and after some time come up with excuses that the email was caught in spam filters, etc.. They have time after time stalled the process, telling me they wanted to get back to me after talking with the factory, and so on.

I have almost given up, to a point where I'm just looking for some other matts now. I can't recommend the Taptes mats any longer, nor any of their products, due to the lack of customer support.
Go for the 3d max ones. More expensive than oem rubber mats but they're good. Taptes is just some Chinese company out to make money tbh