Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question About TAPTES/Seat Cover Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a Model X recently and was interested in protective seat covers as I have young children and a dog. I saw a couple Youtube videos that recommended TAPTES. I placed my order with them and was told the order would ship in 3 weeks. Unlike most American companies that charge your credit card once your order ships, TAPTES immediately charged my card. But, since the seats covers are allegedly custom made, I wasn’t too concerned.

A month came and went, and I received no shipment notification. I emailed the company, and they said there was an issue with one of the seat covers, but the order would ship in 4 days. That was a week and half ago.

Using the search function on this forum, I discovered that the company has allegedly been creating fake accounts that give glowing reviews of their products on forum postings. I am starting to get concerned this company may be a scam.

Question 1: Has anyone ordered and received items from this company? If so, I will just cool my heels and wait. If not, I am still in the windows where I can dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Question 2: Since it appears increasingly unlikely that TAPTES will come through, can anyone recommend another source for seat covers?

Thanks in advance.