Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla camper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone try turning the 2nd row captains seats around? I've seen videos with them removed but if you were able to turn them around, you could make a pop up table in between the 2nd and 3rd row and then use the table as the extended platform for the bed as well as use the captain chair seat as more of extention for your bed.. would love to know if someone has tried this and what it looks like.

Reactions: towndrunk
Screenshot_20240301_003101_Snapchat.jpg

Gone wilder than anyone here x) If you want to check out the entire process, check out my snap: Eirik on Snapchat

Living the life on the road now with 800hp, free fuel (SC01) and hotell on wheels. Also acceleration is substantially greater now with the heavy seats removed ;)

PM me if you are interested in this on your MX

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240301_002836_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240301_002836_Snapchat.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240301_002830_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240301_002830_Snapchat.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: kingpleb and Tz00
How do others deal with keeping the car locked, climate on, and the screens off while sleeping in the back?
I can't seem to work out the right combination of settings to achieve that

I just noticed the following video providing a way to correctly do the setting:

Honestly, I didn't try yet, so please see the following video transcript and time stamps

2:29
- the first thing I always do is I lock the car
which seems kind of silly but that's the first thing I do​
and I always pull up my cameras so I can see kind of what's around me​
so somebody approaches my car while getting ready for bed I can definitely see it for sure​

5:07
- so the final thing that I do before I go to bed is depending where I am so right now​
I'm in a city so I do not enable camping mode I actually keep climat on in a way where Sentry mode​
stays on which is essentially a 360° like eyesight for me at night it's constantly looping so somebody​
gets near my car it will alert me​
I did not come up with this this this was discovered by my friend Jimmy
who showed me this like last year when I was in Canada visiting him​

5:39
- you have to do it in this specific order:
first thing first instead of Camp mode we're going to do keep climat on right here​
and disable auto like this like that...​
so the next step is to disable Bluetooth right here right not from the main menu like like this​
and then now the the car doesn't detect your phone anymore so it thinks you have walked away​
and then in about like 10 minutes or so the car will fully lock but it'll keep climat on

7:01
- so first thing first when I wake up is​
I put the Bluetooth back on on my phone​
and then I go back in the Tesla app essentially and​
I unlocked the car through there right​
so now the car is unlocked I can get out cuz if I were to get out before I unlocked​
the car the alarm would go off and been there done that that's not if one thing to wake up to​
in the morning especially if you're trying to stealth camp like what I'm trying to do right now​

Also valuable videos:

After removing the rear seats, did you have any issues with error messages about the seat airbags not connected?
Yes, you will get the safety restraint error message, but it is only an issue when doing updates, doesn't affect anything else. When I have time in the future, I will take out the airbags of the seats and connect them to the wiering hardness

Edit: Lol, appears that I replied to this twice xD That's how it goes when you have too much fun in the weekends;)

Are the airbags regular "dumb" with only two yellow wires going in? Those can be replaced with a resistor. Car sees correct load in the wire and thinks the bag is connected.

This is a common trick in tuning cars with racing steering wheel fitted, keeps the airbag warning light off.

Reactions: kingpleb
Are the airbags regular "dumb" with only two yellow wires going in? Those can be replaced with a resistor. Car sees correct load in the wire and thinks the bag is connected.

This is a common trick in tuning cars with racing steering wheel fitted, keeps the airbag warning light off.
This is a good input. I will measure the resistance of the airbags and test it out with a resistor