Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering Model X purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
90 lb German Shepherd in 23 XP, fits... just barely. I wouldn't say he's wild about the 6 seater configuration.
Yea my guy already has about 50 pounds on your puppy, and he is only 14 months old

Am trying to get into tesla the same time that the manager of the service department for my dealership is in (may travel to a larger location to ask as well)

Right now I have removed the rear seats of my model 3 performance and have bought a twin memory foam mattress topper to cut into the exact shape of the exposed lower seat area. Placing a waterproof (stitching it) over the memory foam before placing it in the car for good then will look at a different fabrics to place over for a pleasant look that will flow into the lower carpet area (something easy to clean ) untill I get a solid answer and prepare for my purchase

This extra clearance for height works well for now (barely xD) while maintaining the seat belt lower locks to plug in his harness still for saftey and not expose him to direct metal surfaces or small opening (where his paw/toes could get stuck)

I can provide images if you guys like as things progress on this and the model X inquiry

Thanks for this thread. I am an owner of MYP and Hyundai Palisade. The latter being a long drive companion due to the space & comfort it provides. We are a tall family of 4. I test drove the 6 seater X hoping would replace the Hyundai with an X Plaid. My kids felt cramped in the middle row with those floating chairs. I loved the overall ride and would love to buy one. Amazing ride, amazing power. Planning to test drive a five seater to check the space out for mid row passengers. My question: has anyone tried replacing the bench in the 5 seater with an aftermarket bench (more comfortable with better leg room) or similar chairs as in the front on those bench rails?

X is an amazing ride. Tesla, if tweeks the design a tad bit can make it much cheaper and much more of a volume product. Don't know why they are not even attempting.

Reactions: CircuitBreaker
^^^ sk7671 You might like the 5 seat bench as-is, I have never had complaints about the backseat but it’s BS not to have a center armrest, that still bothers me. Tallest passenger I can think of that rode in back is about 6’3 and was fine.
I doubt you’ll find an aftermarket bench let alone a better one or with more leg and headroom, it also has to serve as the load floor when folded.

^^^ sk7671 You might like the 5 seat bench as-is, I have never had complaints about the backseat but it’s BS not to have a center armrest, that still bothers me. Tallest passenger I can think of that rode in back is about 6’3 and was fine.
I doubt you’ll find an aftermarket bench let alone a better one or with more leg and headroom, it also has to serve as the load floor when folded.
I agree about the lack of a center armrest! There ARE aftermarket center armrests available.

Looking at upgrading to a Model X, I want to get the plaid but I just found out second row doesn't fold in the 6 seater configuration. The reason for the upgrade is due to my animal outgrowing the model 3 rear seat area.

I have a 140 pound German Shepherd and he is supposed to be around 175 pounds fully grown (he is only 14 months)

Considering this I was looking at the X instead of the S (I would have to remove the rear seats BUT I could get a plaid model s) but I would require to get a base with a 5 or 7 seater configuration.

May I ask if anyone has had an experience with these vehicles that could give an input. I was lucky enough to get a loaner model X base with 6 seat configuration right now when my model 3 performance is in the service.

Note: At the moment it seems I may remove the rear seats in the Model 3 to give me more time to think about this deeply.
I purposely bought the six seater arrangement so that my 80lb Golden Retriever can either lay on the floor between the second row captains chairs or lay down on the rear seats. He does both actually. He is in the car every day with me and the falcon doors make it very easy for him to get in and out.

Reactions: CircuitBreaker