Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Randomly Not Charging Overnight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. I’ve had my MYLR for three months. I have a wall connector installed in my garage and had zero issues scheduling a departure time until last week.

Now, the car has not started charging at all on multiple occasions including last night. And another time it started but too late to meet the scheduled time. I get home and plug it in like always. Through the app, the car is schedule to depart at 6:45 am with 80% charge and off peak charge time ending at 11 am. Again, always set this way and no problems until last week.

The car is currently on 2023.26.9 if that matters. In the app I can hit start charge and it works fine and gets all the juice it should get.

Another thing I have noticed that could be inconsequential is in the evening when it is plugged in but idle, I’ll hear then wall connector doing its clunk/unclunk cycle like it is starting to charge but doesn’t. It does both in a matter of a second. Maybe that’s normal but just noticed. It’s loud from the living room and it does it multiple times.

Hoping for help or pointed in the right direction as it is unfortunate to not have the reliability of at home charging.

I'm no expert on scheduled charging, and actually gave up using it for different reasons than you're seeing, but I suspect having both a scheduled departure time and an off-peak charge time are causing it difficulties. I would set just the scheduled departure and remove the off-peak setting. In my prior experience that caused the car to wake and begin charging so that it would be charged and air conditioned about 15 to 20 minutes before the departure time.

There are certainly members here who will have much better information, but that's how I'd troubleshoot this. Other than obviously opening a ticket with Tesla.

Another thing I have noticed that could be inconsequential is in the evening when it is plugged in but idle, I’ll hear then wall connector doing its clunk/unclunk cycle like it is starting to charge but doesn’t. It does both in a matter of a second. Maybe that’s normal but just noticed. It’s loud from the living room and it does it multiple times.
I'm on 2023.26.9. When I park and connect my mobile connector, the car does a quick voltage check which means a click and a second click at the mobile connector. But it never does anything more than that and just waits until the scheduled time to begin the charging session. I have scheduled departure at 7:15am and Off Peak end time at 6:00am

Strange if it worked for a while, but all of a sudden is acting differently. There are a few new forum threads about this. What if you set your Off Peak end time as the same as your Departure Time?

the car is schedule to depart at 6:45 am with 80% charge and off peak charge time ending at 11 am.
I'm kind of surprised that worked, actually. I've always read "off peak" as "finish charging at this time" and made sure that the off-peak time was the same as or earlier than the scheduled departure.

Is that right/shortly after you plug in? If you're using the off-peak end/departure settings the car has to know how much juice it can pull in order to figure out when to start charging. That clicking may be the car doing its checks.

Reactions: fsb1