Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger newbie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have thus far done all of my charging at home using my Tesla wall connector and have it scheduled to charge via the app at 11pm so as to use off peak electricity rates.
When using a supercharger does it just start charging immediately when I plug it into the car and does it stop at whatever percentage I tell it to using the app or do I have to make modifications in the app to my personal charging schedule to make the supercharger start and stop

2023 model y long range

Just plug it up. It will charge to whatever % you set. It will tell you when you are ready to continue your trip to the next SuC or your destination. Make sure you will have enough juice once you reach your destination, if it is not your home, to get to a charger once you leave your destination. I like to charge to a little more than it says just in case of a detour or other unexpected event, usually so the battery is at 15-20%, more if the destination is not my home or another SuC so I will be able to drive around at my destination, especially if it is in the boondocks and a long way from a SuC.

If you never used a SuC stop at one before you leave on your trip to be sure everything is OK with your Tesla account. Just charge it for 4 or 5 minutes to test it.

Good luck!

Hi thanks for the reply that information is helpful
You said plug it in for a few minutes to make sure everything is okay with my tesla account IM assuming you mean go to a nearby supercharger and plug in not at home is that right

Hi thanks for the reply that information is helpful
You said plug it in for a few minutes to make sure everything is okay with my tesla account IM assuming you mean go to a nearby supercharger and plug in not at home is that right
Right. If your Tesla account or the associated credit card isn't set up right you won't be able to charge at superchargers. You want to find that out a few miles from home rather than a few hundred miles from home, and when you can therefore take your time resolving it.