Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Button not working [imported from UK to Malaysia]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

I'm using a Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD. I find that the Navigation Triangle button is greyed out, so I am not able to use the navigation feature. I have tried a soft and hard reset, and both ways did not work for me. The WiFi is connected so I'm not sure if there are any ways to enable it so I can navigate.

I've attached a screenshot, Appreciate the advice.
IMG_20230618_173707.jpg

Hi everyone.

I'm using a Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD. I find that the Navigation Triangle button is greyed out, so I am not able to use the navigation feature. I have tried a soft and hard reset, and both ways did not work for me. The WiFi is connected so I'm not sure if there are any ways to enable it so I can navigate.

I've attached a screenshot, Appreciate the advice.

What country was your built for?

It was shipped from the UK to Malaysia.
Well, that's why it doesn't work. You have to contact whoever imported it for you or other people in your country that have experience importing.

People that imported a UK market car into Thailand have also said navigation doesn't work:
Change navigation data

Navigation uses LTE, so most likely this has to do with the sim card. It could also have to do with the map version (it may not have valid navigation maps for Malaysia; the base map that is shown on screen is google based, but there is separate navigation map that gives turn-by-turn instructions).

Reactions: ewoodrick