Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navy Federal Pre-approval Check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean Bank check, right? The one you get that gets drawn on navy federal and is for initiating your loan with Navy Fed, that has a spot where the VIN number goes, and a process Tesla needs to follow to process it?

I bank with Navy Fed, and both my tesla loans have been through them (navyfed), but I handed the bank checks (the name for that type of check) to Tesla directly, when I picked up the car. When I handed it to them when I arrived for my delivery appointment, they (Tesla rep) went away for 5 minutes and came back and told me I was all set.

No idea how long it takes if they process it by mail though. Might be a good question for whomever you are communicating with at Tesla related to your vehicle delivery / pickup.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
You mean Bank check, right? The one you get that gets drawn on navy federal and is for initiating your loan with Navy Fed, that has a spot where the VIN number goes, and a process Tesla needs to follow to process it?

I bank with Navy Fed, and both my tesla loans have been through them (navyfed), but I handed the bank checks (the name for that type of check) to Tesla directly, when I picked up the car. When I handed it to them when I arrived for my delivery appointment, they (Tesla rep) went away for 5 minutes and came back and told me I was all set.

No idea how long it takes if they process it by mail though. Might be a good question for whomever you are communicating with at Tesla related to your vehicle delivery / pickup.
Tesla is clueless here in Austin. Are you from Texas? They said I had no other option but to mail the check. And yes it’s a pre approval check I picked up at the branch.

Hello, I just did this to purchase my used 2022 M3LR w/ NFCU. I sent via FedEx on a Tuesday (2 day delivery) and if I recall correctly - received an update in the app. by TR/Fri with the gist that I was good to pickup the vehicle Saturday. So - pretty quick.

Wrong place for this - but have to say it... I don't know if I'm the only one - but I absolutely hated the entire buying experience w/ Tesla. The app / updates / unknowns / not being able to speak with a real person were brutal. Car is great though - really enjoying it - congrats!

Hello, I just did this to purchase my used 2022 M3LR w/ NFCU. I sent via FedEx on a Tuesday (2 day delivery) and if I recall correctly - received an update in the app. by TR/Fri with the gist that I was good to pickup the vehicle Saturday. So - pretty quick.

Wrong place for this - but have to say it... I don't know if I'm the only one - but I absolutely hated the entire buying experience w/ Tesla. The app / updates / unknowns / not being able to speak with a real person were brutal. Car is great though - really enjoying it - congrats!
I don't think I appreciate the process either. But it was easy to do, they just put more work on the customer rather than the "dealer." I just don't like having to WAIT after completing all the tasks.

Same, did this last year.