Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a Turo in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your answer is "No way I am driving a gas car, are you nuts? Lol".

So, you are asking people reading this to take the following at face value (adding up the information on the posts you made).
You're right

1. You have a great friend you want to loan your tesla to ( people do this all the time, no issues here)
2. You want to rent a car on turo to replace your car for the weekend, instead of having your friend rent a turo, or, paying for his extra mileage, or renting it for him.
3. You state you are not driving much this weekend, so this makes sense, yet are not willing to swap cars with your friend to use his car for the "little amount of driving" that you plan to do this weekend.

You are asking us to believe that you have a good enough friend that you would give them your tesla for a weekend, yet the friend is not good enough to "suffer" driving his gas car for the weekend in return, even though " you dont plan on driving much this weekend".

All of this could be true, for sure. It just doesnt add up that you are unwilling to borrow his car for a weekend, or, if its that much suffering for you to drive his car, just go on turo yourself and rent one, or, have him pay for the rental himself and pay for his extra miles (probably cost you the same in depreciation on your car for those miles as it would to simply pay the additional miles for him if thats a concern).

I am not trying to "pile on" here, I am trying to tell you, from the outside, what this looks like. It all could be very innocent, for sure. It just doesnt "look" right. We dont know you, you dont know us, and you wont know anyone on here you are trying to get to give you a deal on renting a car. Since we dont know each other, it has to make sense to anyone considering it, and it doesnt right now.

Again, since it seems like you are frustrated and feeling attacked, I am not attacking you.. just telling you what it looks like from the outside, because I dont know you.
----------------

The short answer is, his dad past away last week, so I'm doing him a huge favor, and completely covering the cost of Turo, and the milage thing makes it make more sense for me to rent the Turo and drive that instead. I also want the option to drive more than a little if I want to. It's just the type of guy I am, but you're right, how in the hell would anyone here who doesn't know me be able to assume that. I didn't want to write that in the original post. I see your point and it makes sense.

I'm truly blown away with how it doesn't make sense.

My friend wants to drive to Montreal. He's my best friend, and that's a 400 mile journey. If he turos a car he will go over his allowable miles, and get a lot more charges.

I can give him my car to do the trip, and then I'll rent a Turo for myself, since I am just driving around town for the weekend. How in any way is that sketchy.

You could use a bicycle = problem solved, and still no pollution.

Reactions: LionXng
The short answer is, his dad past away last week, so I'm doing him a huge favor, and completely covering the cost of Turo, and the milage thing makes it make more sense for me to rent the Turo and drive that instead. I also want the option to drive more than a little if I want to. It's just the type of guy I am, but you're right, how in the hell would anyone here who doesn't know me be able to assume that. I didn't want to write that in the original post. I see your point and it makes sense.

You are so full of it that I don't even find it funny anymore. No one died. What would that even have to do with your story? Are you trying to imply the friend needs to drive to a funeral? If there was a friend, which there is not, you would loan him your car or rent him literally ANY car to get to the funeral. This made up person wouldn't care how he got there. Or is it since your made up friend's dad died you want to cheer him up with a fun trip in a Tesla? Again, you could just loan him yours. Every non-scammer on the planet would drive a rented ice car for a weekend in that scenario.

Not that anyone here was falling for it, but this is a great reminder that times are tough and people these days are even more likely to try to scam you with lies and sob stories and they get angry when you don't fall for it.

• Disagree
Reactions: DDHEverything
You are so full of it that I don't even find it funny anymore. No one died. What would that even have to do with your story? Are you trying to imply the friend needs to drive to a funeral? If there was a friend, which there is not, you would loan him your car or rent him literally ANY car to get to the funeral. This made up person wouldn't care how he got there. Or is it since your made up friend's dad died you want to cheer him up with a fun trip in a Tesla? Again, you could just loan him yours. Every non-scammer on the planet would drive a rented ice car for a weekend in that scenario.

Not that anyone here was falling for it, but this is a great reminder that times are tough and people these days are even more likely to try to scam you with lies and sob stories and they get angry when you don't fall for it.

Wow you are a complete piece of *sugar*. I wish moderator would delete this whole post as i asked.

a poster asked 'why i would be so nice and not just tell him to turo a car', and the reason is because his dad just died, you moron, i figure it would be a nice treat to him to lend him my car. However i don't want to drive a gas car so i'd figure i'd ask around here to see if anyone would throw me a decent price. it's that simple.

i'm not 'every non-scammer' in the world.

Besides, if i was scamming, why would i even bother posting here for a Turo? think about that idiot. I'm not asking for a free car, just a bit of a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.