Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need assistance/advice - ordered carbon fiber trim from Teslarati that has defects... vendor won't respond.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Subject line says it all. I ordered a ton of carbon fiber trim (among other things) for my MYP from Teslarati and installed most of it. Unfortunately, the center console door cover is molded such that it is slightly deformed, preventing it from sitting flat (not only warped, but the bump that goes raised fingerhold at the front of the door has a flat spot, preventing it from sitting all the way down over it), the steering wheel trim is uneven/appears it may have been trimmed short and there was a small crack at the end of the dash cover.

I'm willing to accept the dash cover - its very small and fit so nice I figured it had better stick with it less I get a deformed replacement that isn't cracked. They should at least consider replacing the steering wheel covers (bottom part fits great) with something that's symmetrical, but if what I got is considered within spec... so be it. The center door cover however is a 100% no go - that needs replacement (the area around the cupholders is great, the door cover is not).

I've tried contacting them via the customer contact form on their website on Sunday - no response. I sent an email to their support line around 11:30 am today - no response. I tried calling their 323 number today... no response. Does anyone know another means of reaching them (or perhaps they have a representative on this forum)? Those parts aren't cheap and I'd like to really get some replacements so my trim matches!

Not trying to be 'that guy' when it comes to calling out a vendor, but I feel like I've been left with no other choice. It stinks because I actually really like the components... they look fantastic and appear to be otherwise high-quality.

Attachments

• 20220312_161440.jpg
    20220312_161440.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 20220312_161712.jpg
    20220312_161712.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 102
They sometimes take a day or two to respond. I would not have posted this unless I had been trying for 7-10 days. I emailed them it took 24-48 hrs to get a reply. They will respond I’m sure. Good company. Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Stook02ss
They sometimes take a day or two to respond. I would not have posted this unless I had been trying for 7-10 days. I emailed them it took 24-48 hrs to get a reply. They will respond I’m sure. Good company. Good luck
Cool beans. Like I said, I otherwise liked the product, the weave itself/material is very well done.

That said, they really should get back sooner and have a phone number that you can call (that actually goes through). I still have yet to hear anything and I sent my first contact mail on Sunday. My expectations may be higher than yours in this regard, but I don't think they are unreasonable given the amount of money being spent and that its considered a premium product (imo).

Cool beans. Like I said, I otherwise liked the product, the weave itself/material is very well done.

That said, they really should get back sooner and have a phone number that you can call (that actually goes through). I still have yet to hear anything and I sent my first contact mail on Sunday. My expectations may be higher than yours in this regard, but I don't think they are unreasonable given the amount of money being spent and that its considered a premium product (imo).
Please can you send me the phone #. I have been trying to reach this company and not one response back from them