Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help finding a 12v switched source

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 23 mysr awd. Im trying to find a 12v switched source on the passenger side footwell area. All the videos and pictures from this thread

show 2 bundles of wires. One large bundle that leads into a smaller one. The correct wire is located in the smaller bundle. However, in my build, there is only 1 large bundle. Ive tested all the visible red wires using a multimeter and small alligator clips while stepping on the brakes. None of them were giving me 12v. I didnt strip any of the insulation before testing, Im not sure if that makes a difference. In the videos from the thread above, users have tested without stripping.

Is there an alternative location I can search?

Attachments

• PXL_20230404_152520779.jpg
    PXL_20230404_152520779.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 192
In the picture you post, that white plug on the very far right, one of those wire will give you the 12v when the car is on. That's what they use to power the mini display. Just use a multimeter to check on which wire.
Doesnt the mini display power on each time your car wakes? That includes when you check charging status on your phone. That means that source isnt switched. I was looking for a source that only turns on when you step on the brake and powers off when you leave your car.