Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After accident I'm fitting all front back but I can't find where this connector goes. Is something missing?

Attachments

• IMG_20230922_174651.jpg
    IMG_20230922_174651.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20230922_174639.jpg
    IMG_20230922_174639.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 69
I just looked at my 2015 P85D and mine's not connected to anything although it does have a dummy plug end that it's connected into, kinda like a cap cover to protect it from dust and debris.

I does not connect to anything at all. It's just dangling there with the dummy plug cover on it. I only got 18k miles on my P85D so I'm guessing it's been like that since new?

I say just tape it up like the one I circled in your pic (that one isn't connected to anything either and it's the same on mine too):

1695407300106.png

Maybe this is part of Tesla's future plans to put something there that it will eventually connect into?

Upvote 0
I just looked at my 2015 P85D and mine's not connected to anything although it does have a dummy plug end that it's connected into, kinda like a cap cover to protect it from dust and debris.

I does not connect to anything at all. It's just dangling there with the dummy plug cover on it. I only got 18k miles on my P85D so I'm guessing it's been like that since new?

I say just tape it up like the one I circled in your pic (that one isn't connected to anything either and it's the same on mine too):

View attachment 976301

Maybe this is part of Tesla's future plans to put something there that it will eventually connect into?
I noticed this one is blockt. But I was talking about one below. I markt it in blue circle. It comes from wires I markt in yellow. And this connector is on short wire. About 7 inches.
Sorry I didn't markt connector before.
IMG_20230922_204406.png

Upvote 0
@Darius's the one you circled in blue is what I'm talking about. It doesn't connect into anything that is attached to the car. On my car, it's literally just dangling there connected to what looks like a dummy plug. The harness wire for this plug is about 6 or 7 inches.

Following the harness lines all over the frunk area, I'm noticing a lot of plugs that don't connect into anything.

Upvote 0