Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need some advice from ceramic coating pros...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ceramic coated my windows (all glass parts) and I let it sit for a couple weeks. My mistake for not checking but afterwards I realized some parts had haze that I missed and did not buff out. Now that stuff won't come off with regular washing...

1) what's the best way to remove cured ceramic haze

2) after I remove the haze, can I put a second coat of ceramic coating on the glass or is it too late for 2nd coat?

Advice please! Thanks!

So I ceramic coated my windows (all glass parts) and I let it sit for a couple weeks. My mistake for not checking but afterwards I realized some parts had haze that I missed and did not buff out. Now that stuff won't come off with regular washing...

1) what's the best way to remove cured ceramic haze

2) after I remove the haze, can I put a second coat of ceramic coating on the glass or is it too late for 2nd coat?

Advice please! Thanks!

You would have to polish the haze out with a polishing pad. I typically use Meguiar's Ultimate Compound on a white polishing pad (Chemical guys Hex-Logic pad) or microfiber finishing disc.

If you wanted to you could also use a razor blade to fully remove the prior coating and start fresh, but that's a bit extreme.

After you've gotten the haze out you can re-coat, just make sure to remove any polishing oils and prep the surface appropriately.