Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to obtain new mobile charging cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 240v wall outlet, so nee a cable capable of level 2 charging, Randy. is there a source for this?

You need the mobile tesla connector, and a 14-50 adapter for it (or some other third party solution for charging if you dont want to buy from tesla).

In addition to what randy linked you, which is the mobile connector, you will need to get a 14-50 adapter, which you can get here:

Upvote 0
Unless I’m missing what you are saying, do you understand that the car comes with a mobile connector that you will have to keep in your vehicle when you visit your son. That’s what connects to the car. Read above for the appropriate adapter you need to buy based on the outlet at your sons place. How do you normally charge at your own home- using the mobile connector I presume?

Upvote 0
Dear Akr,
Thank you. I guess I'm not very clear. From What JJrandoran was saying I would need is a gen 2 connector cable package and the gen 2 NEMA adapter. The kit that came with my Model 3 is connected to my home wall outlet, and twice I visited my son, but both times forgot to take my charging cable. I thought it might be prudent to keep an extra charging cable in my model 3 at all times.

Upvote 0
Dear Akr,
Thank you. I guess I'm not very clear. From What JJrandoran was saying I would need is a gen 2 connector cable package and the gen 2 NEMA adapter. The kit that came with my Model 3 is connected to my home wall outlet, and twice I visited my son, but both times forgot to take my charging cable. I thought it might be prudent to keep an extra charging cable in my model 3 at all times.
It might be better for you to consider buying a Tesla Wall connector for your home and keeping the mobile connector in your car. The difference in price between a 2nd mobile connector and the TWC is not much and the WC has potential faster charging but you would need to get it installed. Note there is a federal tax rebate for EV charging equipment- not sure if it applies to a mobile connector.

Upvote 0