Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 Model Y Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

Just picked up a 2023 MYLR grey with white interior from Raleigh, NC. I’ve been reading these forums for 6 months now and have developed such a fear that I was going to run into a mess at delivery. It. Was. Flawless. The car is perfect. I spent what seemed like forever looking at all the things YouTube and everyone one else said will be a delivery problem. The car is clean. And I got the matrix lights. This is Day 1 and all, but for those who haven’t picked up their Tesla yet… let yourself enjoy Day 1 and your delivery. Happy Holidays, folks!

Congratulations on the day you’ll never go back to ICE cars.
Yeah people tend to be more vocal about the bad experiences and love to talk about it in the forums and social media.
I’m guessing you got the $3750 rebate and 10k supercharger miles?

Reactions: cusetownusa
I also have eagle eyes and became known in my friend circles as "the tesla guy". I helped them go through the checklist when they got their MY and pointed out some issues I discovered and instructed them to raise a SR to fix. I don't think any of them did it. All the issues were so minor that they didn't bother and are enjoying their first EV.

I sure did! Whe
Yeah people tend to be more vocal about the bad experiences and love to talk about it in the forums and social media.
I’m guessing you got the $3750 rebate and 10k supercharger miles
I’m guessing you got the $3750 rebate and 10k supercharger miles?
I sure did! It’s great cause I wasn’t going to qualify for a tax break. And getting 10k supercharger miles to boot? Yeah, sign me up. Apparently those become available next month. Just in time for the road trip!

Congratulations. I got mine too last week and love it but I got a question.
What are the Matrix lights.???
Mine got lots of shadow line across n full beam.
Take a look at your headlights, if you see a big circular ball on the edge (Towards the side fenders) then you have the Matrix headlights. Usually comes on the MY Performance only but Tesla have been subbing on some MY LR builds.

Hi!

Just picked up a 2023 MYLR grey with white interior from Raleigh, NC. I’ve been reading these forums for 6 months now and have developed such a fear that I was going to run into a mess at delivery. It. Was. Flawless. The car is perfect. I spent what seemed like forever looking at all the things YouTube and everyone one else said will be a delivery problem. The car is clean. And I got the matrix lights. This is Day 1 and all, but for those who haven’t picked up their Tesla yet… let yourself enjoy Day 1 and your delivery. Happy Holidays, folks!
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your experience. I am picking up from Raleigh tomorrow and hoping my experience mirrors yours.

Hi!

You were nervous because unhappy people are very loud online, yet represent the minority so it seems skewed like everything sucks, when in reality not many have issues compared to every Tesla out there.....my car and delivery was flawless too, like many, many others...

Reactions: thesmokingman
Congrats. Make sure you ask for the $7500 credit that they just announced!
Thanks I picked it up and did indeed get the full $7500 credit. I will get a check back for the $3750 plus tax because I had paid for my order in full before I arrived. Pick up experience was less than stellar. Had to wait over an hour to pick up the MY and the passenger window is making a clunk when rolling down. Other than that everything else was flawless. I've already debadged the car and added all the accessories that I bought for it.

Reactions: Mulkogi
Thanks I picked it up and did indeed get the full $7500 credit. I will get a check back for the $3750 plus tax because I had paid for my order in full before I arrived. Pick up experience was less than stellar. Had to wait over an hour to pick up the MY and the passenger window is making a clunk when rolling down. Other than that everything else was flawless. I've already debadged the car and added all the accessories that I bought for it.
Nice, at least the money part was sorted out. I just think of when I bought my first brand new car and spent somewhere around 6 hours to get out of the dealership. The window should be an easy home service appointment fix.

Nice, at least the money part was sorted out. I just think of when I bought my first brand new car and spent somewhere around 6 hours to get out of the dealership. The window should be an easy home service appointment fix.
Once I could get someone to wait on me it only took 15 minutes. They just had so many people coming in trying to buy a Tesla because they saw the $7500 off. Folks couldn't even schedule a test drive because they sold all the demo vehicles.

Reactions: Mulkogi