Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Factory 21" Michelin Pilot All Season 4 tires For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
21” Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 Ultra High Performance All-Season Tires. I am selling them in pairs. Front pair are 255/35R21($650) and rear pair are 275/35R21 ($750). They were removed from my 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance immediately after I took delivery. All of these tires are in like new condition and have NO repairs or damage. The complete set is available for $1,400 and I am selling to local buyers. I will not ship them. These tires are currently on back on order. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. All for of these tires have less 60 total miles. I am in no rush to sell them so If you low ball me I will not respond back to you. These tires are in perfect condition and only driven on to get my car from the dealer to the tire shop. I will not ship them but I will meet you as long is not too far away from Delaware 19803. 🥵

I am running the Same Michelin Tire in 265/40R21 & 295/40R21 now!

Attachments

• IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    815.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    774.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    815.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
IMO, the factory tire size Tesla chose was wrong. The tire size I went with rides the same if not softer. It completely got rid of the thin side wall look and filled in the wheel wells perfectly. The extra width on all 4 wheels gives me just the right amount of sidewall bulge to give you more protection from road imperfections and pot holes. I will not go as far as to say they will give you curb protection. These wheels do not cause curb rash, bad driving does! The Model Y is considered a crossover SUV so having the extra bit of side wall and increased diameter looks great. I don't think the Model 3 could pull off the taller tire diameter like the Y does.

IMO, the factory tire size Tesla chose was wrong. The tire size I went with rides the same if not softer. It completely got rid of the thin side wall look and filled in the wheel wells perfectly. The extra width on all 4 wheels gives me just the right amount of sidewall bulge to give you more protection from road imperfections and pot holes. I will not go as far as to say they will give you curb protection. These wheels do not cause curb rash, bad driving does! The Model Y is considered a crossover SUV so having the extra bit of side wall and increased diameter looks great. I don't think the Model 3 could pull off the taller tire diameter like the Y does.
Ok interesting thanks for the info. Did the size you ordered still have the foam liner? Have you had any issues with rubbing? Regardless I am still interested in the OEM ones you are selling. Would it be possible to arrange a time to look at them before purchasing?

My apologies for the delayed response. I have been busy been and away from home and haven't checked my TMC website in a while. The replacement tires I received do not have the foam so it must be a TESLA thing. To my knowledge there does not seem to be much if any difference in noise however I did not have enough time to give a honest answer. The new tires absolutely do not rub at all. The tires are available if you are interested. Just PM me for a cell number and we can proceed from there.

Are these still available and do you mind me asking why you went with the other size? Did you notice a change in ride quality?
The ride quality is great for a 21" wheel. I played around on the tire size calculator to see white tire size would give me the most side wall (aka aspect ratio) protection while still keeping my 21 Uberturbine wheels. I would have liked to have gone with a 19" Forged wheel square set however I am not in a position to spend $3,500 - $5,000 for wheels. Going to a 19" or 20" set up still didn't give me the look I wanted. I am not tracking the car and the performance is probably negligible when trying to save weight with super light wheels as my daily driver.

I only have 700 miles on the car. I haven't ever road tripped it or even supercharged it yet. Hopefully someday soon I can get it out on the highway and take a trip so that I can report some range and kilowatt data so that I can compare it to a stock MYP. Unfortunately all of my driving has been short rides under full Boost! No lack of traction that's for sure!

I only have 700 miles on the car. I haven't ever road tripped it or even supercharged it yet. Hopefully someday soon I can get it out on the highway and take a trip so that I can report some range and kilowatt data so that I can compare it to a stock MYP. Unfortunately all of my driving has been short rides under full Boost! No lack of traction that's for sure!
Hello. billy.Any regrets in changing the tyres.I am planning 275/35R21 and 295/35/R21 Michelin pilot sport 4.Any drastic range change?

No not all. I am so glad I went with the taller 40 aspect ratio and wider tires front and back. I always see so many people
getting flat tires on factory sizes. I truly believe going the size I did gave me a better ride, fills out the wheel well better and lessons my chance of a flat tire.