Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New standard plus Model 3 come with TACC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a friend, a Volt owner, who is now thinking about buying a Model 3 asked me if with the new Tesla pricing structure will he need to pay extra to get TACC on the standard plus? Before last week you had to purchase EAP but what about now?

If you use the configurator on Tesla.com's site and put in Standard Range Plus, AutoPilot (which is now TACC and Autosteer) does come up with a $3K price tag. To get TACC before the new pricing you would have had to buy EAP and that ran $5K. The $3K price is the same across the board for any version of the vehicle. As far as I know only Teslas in China were offered free EAP: All Tesla Model 3 Variants In China Include Free Enhanced Autopilot

If you use the configurator on Tesla.com's site and put in Standard Range Plus, AutoPilot (which is now TACC and Autosteer) does come up with a $3K price tag. To get TACC before the new pricing you would have had to buy EAP and that ran $5K. The $3K price is the same across the board for any version of the vehicle. As far as I know only Teslas in China were offered free EAP: All Tesla Model 3 Variants In China Include Free Enhanced Autopilot
Yes I saw the autopilot option in the configurator but I wasn't sure if my friend would need to purchase that to get TACC with all the new changes. I bought my 3 a year ago and of course I had to pay for EAP to get TACC (which I use all the time). Seems like TACC should be available for free, but whatever.

Free is always nice. I think they offered it standard in China because of the huge price difference there what with the tarriffs and other conditions and sales of cars there kind of dried up. I'm thinking AP could be made standard when FSD becomes closer to happening but I think most people who want to use it would rather use now than wait for who knows how long especially now that they broke the features out and the cost is lower. I know our lift gate and a few other features we paid for on our Model S75D were made standard over time after the 100D came out and it probably helped sell more 75Ds.