Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to this but not new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

Just joined up, I would like to introduce myself. I worked for Tesla for several years, having the distinction of being the first Service Technician hired to kick off their service department in 2007. I am employee #195, there were probably about 100 people in San Carlos back then. I built the first VP and SOP cars, wrote the service manuals for the Roadster and all the technical documentation. I hired and trained all the first technicians, built special tools, created and built the service engineering, collision and first responder programs. I could write a book and just might. I was also part of the Model S design review teams and even have my own designs in the Roadster and Model S. My role there allowed me to collaborate with many teams engineering, legal, marketing, sales, etc you name it. I even did security at the Model X launch party (I was a bouncer in a past life, it was a natural fit).

I stepped away for a while to pursue other things, by then the company had 6000 people and Fremont was open building Model S. I am currently restoring the worlds only raw carbon Roadster with 2.5 running gear and a bunch of Tesla prototype parts (exotic brakes, limited slip diff, custom tuned suspension) that I helped build but never made to market. I have my own licensed shop in Northern California.

I have enjoyed my re-immersion into the Tesla world now that Tesla is mainstream. Looking forward to being part of the community. Sharing my car.
IMG_7754 2.JPG
IMG_7755 2.JPG

Welcome back to the fray of Roadster maintenance and sustainability @MaverickXV and happy to have your knowledge and expertise here on TMC as well. Also (selfishly 😇) nice to see Cali getting more former Roadster techs that we can call on. I'm sure you and @ExecMotorwerkz have some stories you can share from the early days at Tesla.