Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tyres for my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's time to replace all 4 tyres on my Model S. Currently I have Pilot Sport 3 19", T0 fitting.

Do I need to use tyres with the T0 fitting? I'm considering the Primacy 3 Acoustics which seem to have a lower noise rating, but I'm not sure if I should go for the T0 Pilot Sport 3.

Black Circles seems to be recommending the Pilot Sport 4, which adds to the confusion.

Appreciate any advice or options.

Also, my wife's Model 3 needs a single new tyre, but I can't seem to get hold of a T0 Pilot Sport 4 18" from anywhere. We could just wait, unless there are other Michelin tyres that will do the trick?

The recent blockage of the Suez Canal might affect new tyre availability for a few weeks. T0 is a Tesla-specific tyre marking to indicate designed for performance, so Pilot Sport 4 would be fine, though likely slightly noisier than the Primacy 3 Acoustic - not that many appear able to tell.

Thank you! So it's not necessary to have the TO fitting? What does that actually give you compared to others?
Further reading about Michelin OEM (Tesla) T0 marking:
In brief - OEM-spec tyres typically softer for smoother ride. My original Primacy 3s have Treadwear 240 on scale of 200 (soft) to 800 (hard/long-lasting).