Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New voice commands coming soon (or already here)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Saw this mentioned on reddit. Greentheonly (@verygreen here on TMC) has uncovered several new voice commands or place holders for commands and posted his findings on Twitter:
green on Twitter

Included are potential voice commands to enable sentry mode, adjust climate control settings, seat heaters, turn on/off/change wiper speed and open the glove box.

Thanks for posting this. You made my day.

My topmost wish with Tesla is a full-fledged voice UI that would completely free me from having to take my focus off the road to interact with on-screen controls. It currently takes me five touches on the screen to turn on a rear seat warmer without cabin heat. It would be most awesome to do that with a tactile click of the steering wheel button and a voice command "Turn on the rear left seat warmer" and my eyes are on the road the whole time. That would be so nice.

Thanks for posting this. You made my day.

My topmost wish with Tesla is a full-fledged voice UI that would completely free me from having to take my focus off the road to interact with on-screen controls. It currently takes me five touches on the screen to turn on a rear seat warmer without cabin heat. It would be most awesome to do that with a tactile click of the steering wheel button and a voice command "Turn on the rear left seat warmer" and my eyes are on the road the whole time. That would be so nice.

I couldn’t agree more and I’ve posted about it on TMC before. I think that interacting with the MCU while driving is more dangerous than using a cell phone. The user interface clearly could be improved and outstanding voice control is the solution. But it needs to be done really well so that there is no question that it’s the best way to interact with most of the controls. The current voice control for making phone calls, finding music and finding directions is not stellar. I really hope that along with the expanded range of features that can be controlled by voice, that the fundamental underlying technology is significantly improved to rival the state of the art implementations such as Siri and Alexa and Google.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt