Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nikola Motors: Factory in Buckeye AZ as of 31 Jan 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
News out of Phoenix this morning is that Nikola has come to an agreement with a west-of-Phoenix suburb, Buckeye, for their HQ and factory.

* City gave them for $0 a 500-acre plot;
* Sales tax on plant & equipment reduced by 50% and some other incentives
* Plant to be 1mm sq ft; they mention a $1bn investment.
* To employ 2,000. For reference, entire workforce currently in Buckeye is 12,000, so this is an enormous boost for a not overly prosperous community

* Buckeye sits directly atop I-10; is convenient to Phoenix; has at least one rail line - I remember looking in that area when considering Gigafactory locations.

Here's an AP article on it: Nikola Motor Company picks Buckeye for truck-manufacturing plant

And on edit: news was released y'day, 30 Jan. I heard it only today

Last edited:
For those of you familiar-ish with the area, it appears to me that the site is along the southern extension of Vulture Mine Rd, not too far south of Whispering Ranch. That would put it almost adjacent to the utterly monstrous Toyota Proving Track. That makes the Chrysler Proving Grounds seem minuscule. Hmmm.

It also would make for a wonderful commute from Wickenburg. Now, why might I of all people mention that?:rolleyes: