Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ to So Fla to Disney and back with kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we made it. 2568 miles, approx 14 charges, one use of a dryer outlet, no problems.

Autopilot and a certain steel friend are a legit game changer. There is a Tesla super charger at a nice double tree in NC. Highly recommend for a quick bite in the restaurant or a BM :).

Other than this and all you’ve heard before, AMA.

Was a great experience overall and a sure fire way to rid yourself of any left over range anxiety.

Ate up about 860KW and overall 320wh/mile. Not great but not terrible given me driving at or above 80 the entire time. 20”inductions, fair weather, no hard wind until yesterday.

If you haven’t yet done a Tesla Road-trip then you are missing out.

Did the same last year, agree with Tesla long distance road tripping. The DoubleTree in NC is awesome! Did you get a chance to stop at Buc-ee's in Florence, SC? Worth taking a road trip for that experience alone :)!

Was most of your drive day or night? We did night (there and back) we had a roll-up mattress for quick naps in the Y during charging stops.

Last edited:
Did the same last year, agree with Tesla long distance road tripping. The DoubleTree in NC is awesome! Did you get a chance to stop at Buc-ee's in Florence, SC? Worth taking a road trip for that experience alone :)!

Was most of your drive day or night? We did night (there and back) we had a roll-up mattress for quick naps in the Y during charging stops.
We hit Bucees and SOTB. Left NJ at 6AM and wound up staying in Savanah north at a Fairfield with Tesla wall charging and. Free up all night.

Such a pleasure. I think the key thing is autopilot. We had better talks and better interactions due to that. I was markedly less tired too.

Tips -
Get a car pillow for the seats. They’re horrible

Stay at a hotel with free charging

Get a “glass break”

End your trip and recalc when ABRP and Tesla disagree. Tesla is too safe and pulling into a 250 with less than 10% soc is better than a 150 at 20-25% soc.

Just drive and enjoy.

Reactions: Tedsplace30