Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

no calendar access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated my Tesla MS to 2024.14.7 and now can no longer access my iphone calendar. I received the message "Enable Calendar Access" & it instructs me to allow access on my phone app.

I've turned the tesla app on and off, turned calendar access on & off in the iphone, rebooted my car, turned access via Bluetooth off & on, etc. Nothing helps.

Maybe a bug in 2024.14.7?

Not to piggyback on this but I'm having a similar problem. Android. Tesla app IS set to share calendar (Menu > My Profile Photo > Calendar Sync is on) and phone allows the app to access Calendar (long press app > info > Permissions include Calendar).

Have disabled and enabled both, both separately and together. Have relinked phone via BT to car. Have "forgotten" the phone completely and repaired it as a key. No joy.

Contacts, phone, texts, all okey dokey. Phone calls and texts to contacts all work as before. Just no calendar and hence no auto routing to my next scheduled event. Don't even see Calendar as an option on the Phone menu in the car, just "Contacts, Favorites Messages"

Sadness.

Car: '22 M3LR v2024.14.6 (FSD v12.3.6)
App: v4.33.5-2673

The only recent update was 2024.14.6 four weeks ago, and calendar worked before then. Sure looks like it deleted the in-car calendar altogether when I got my FSD trial pushed.

Don't even see Calendar as an option on the Phone menu in the car, just "Contacts, Favorites Messages"
There’s a separate calendar icon for the toolbar, which should alway be there even if the calendar doesn’t sync. What happens when you press that?

Note that your synced calendar data will only appear when your phone is connected to the car via Bluetooth and not in Valet Mode. Unlike contacts etc, calendar data goes from the app to the Tesla servers, then to the car, not directly from the app to the car.

Sometimes my calendar data doesn’t appear in the car until I open the Tesla app on my phone.

There’s a separate calendar icon for the toolbar, which should alway be there even if the calendar doesn’t sync. What happens when you press that?

Note that your synced calendar data will only appear when your phone is connected to the car via Bluetooth and not in Valet Mode. Unlike contacts etc, calendar data goes from the app to the Tesla servers, then to the car, not directly from the app to the car.

Sometimes my calendar data doesn’t appear in the car until I open the Tesla app on my phone.

Heh, apparently I'm a doofus. I could've sworn that the Calendar was accessed via the phone menu, but I've got a standalone Calendar icon in my main menu..... which of course works exactly as it should, with addresses pre-loaded and navigation links presented for any event that has a location provided.

So, humor me ... am I smoking dope or WAS that inside the Phone menu in the past? :/