Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No charge last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model 3 for a bit over 3 weeks now. I have at home charging scheduled to start at 12 am. This morning I noticed via TeslaFi that my charge started at 12 am and stopped at 12:06 am. I tried to wake up the car via the app but it wouldn't wake up. I then unlocked the car by opening the door and it immediately started charging.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Last edited:
You are in Atlanta, why are you scheduling charging to start at midnight? Even if you are on the Georgia Power TOU plan, charging should start at 11.

If you tried to wake the car up, that was probably because it wasn't getting a good cellular signal.

Yes, it does occur, there are a number of threads where people talk about it. Sometimes a power glitch, but I haven't heard of a great reason yet, It does seem to happen more often with timed charging from my perspective.

You are in Atlanta, why are you scheduling charging to start at midnight? Even if you are on the Georgia Power TOU plan, charging should start at 11.

If you tried to wake the car up, that was probably because it wasn't getting a good cellular signal.

Yes, it does occur, there are a number of threads where people talk about it. Sometimes a power glitch, but I haven't heard of a great reason yet, It does seem to happen more often with timed charging from my perspective.

I start at midnight because I have a 150A breaker box and I'm trying to limit the load when we might be using AC, heat, dishwasher, laundry, etc. Probably not an issue to start at 11 but 12 gives me plenty of charge.

Hopefully it was just a fluke thing.

This is from a month ago, so not sure if any new software fixes it. But one night we had a power interruption (scheduled). And the car stopped charging and won't start up after the interruption is over. I think if the car is on "scheduled" charging, it will only restart the charging (after an interruption) if the car is not sleeping AND if the time is within a certain number of hours after the "scheduled" start charging time.

• Informative
Reactions: larryj