Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Proximity Chimes in 2023 RWD (no FSD)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, took delivery of RWD Model3 and both my wife and I rely on this feature in all previous cars especially as with have limited drive length. Are there any details on this coming back as all the supprt guides detail it as an option to switch on whihc is no longer showing :(

I have to say, of all the bizarre Tesla wackiness, this one is pretty big. I can’t imagine not having those sensors. While it is true that my last car had less adequate sensors, and the car before that didn’t have any sensors, in this day and age I’m completely reliant on that feedback when parking. Anybody who expected to have ultrasonic sensors/parking feedback that receives a Tesla today, and doesn’t have it, is really getting screwed. Tesla better be working on the substitution at warp speed. And it better work.

Reactions: Kimmi and RTPEV
While it is true that my last car had less adequate sensors, and the car before that didn’t have any sensors, in this day and age I’m completely reliant on that feedback when parking.
Yeah, this is the case because cars these days have AWFUL visibility through the windows. This is probably mainly due to safety standards requiring thicker supports, but also styling. Our older cars did not require things like back-up cameras, but I can't see a damn thing out the back window of my Model 3, so I would put the back-up camera down as a necessity, not just a nice to have option.

As for proximity chimes, even the necessity of those is being increased with tighter parking spots and increased use of drive thrus.

I totally agree with you that this is Tesla wackiness. I get that their vision is for the computer to just handle everything, and sometimes the best way to achieve your goals is to remove any crutches you may have, forcing development to create innovative solutions that do not rely on things like LIDAR, radar, ultrasonics, etc., but I think Tesla is way underestimating the amount of effort required to meet their complete automation goals.

Reactions: Transformer
Yeah, this is the case because cars these days have AWFUL visibility through the windows. This is probably mainly due to safety standards requiring thicker supports, but also styling. Our older cars did not require things like back-up cameras, but I can't see a damn thing out the back window of my Model 3, so I would put the back-up camera down as a necessity, not just a nice to have option.

Once upon a time, you could actually see things out of the rear and rear side windows of cars...

18664295-1978-volvo-245-jumbo-2048x1306.jpg

Well officially my first and last Tesla
Bought my wife a 2023 Model Y on Nov. 28. 2022. Tesla would not let us inspect the car, had to pay for it first. Drove it home to find that it has zero parking sensors front or back. My neighbor across the street has a 2023 Model Y built in Oct it has actual parking sensors, Ours, built in Nov. 2022 has none. I have 75 miles on it and want to return it, as it is frankly mis-represented in my opinion. My 22 year old BMW Z3 has as much functionality as my high tech Tesla. Any way to return it in the first 7 days with less than 75 miles on it? Thanks

Bought my wife a 2023 Model Y on Nov. 28. 2022. Tesla would not let us inspect the car, had to pay for it first. Drove it home to find that it has zero parking sensors front or back. My neighbor across the street has a 2023 Model Y built in Oct it has actual parking sensors, Ours, built in Nov. 2022 has none. I have 75 miles on it and want to return it, as it is frankly mis-represented in my opinion. My 22 year old BMW Z3 has as much functionality as my high tech Tesla. Any way to return it in the first 7 days with less than 75 miles on it?
caveat emptor
-Elon Musk

Is this a problem that Tesla could service for? Or is it a feature dropped from this model?

It is a feature that had hardware dropped, with the intention of performing the same feature via software "later" as tesla promises. There is nothing that Tesla service is going to fix / remedy, so you would be wasting both your time and theirs if you tried to submit a service request for it (they would simply cancel it when they got to it.

Reactions: RTPEV
Status
Not open for further replies.