TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Noob SoC Question

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by WISluggo, Aug 6, 2018.

1. WISluggo

WISluggo Member

i have had my p85d for about two weeks now and loving it. I’m averaging about 280 to 290 wh/mile

Each night I charge to 70%, but recently I get a notification that the SoC is finished at 175 miles, but when I get in the car in the morning the range is 172 miles. The car is plugged in the entire time. Normal?

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Normal vampire drain ..if your curious about tracking ..sign up for TeslaFi service ...in the winter time expect more as battery needs to heat

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

When the SOC drops by 3% the car will start charging again. You don’t want the charging system to be cycling on constantly.

4. WISluggo

WISluggo Member