Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nothing There at 60 MPH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
On Monday I jumped on a freeway and at the top the ramp the car did nothing beyond 60 MPH. A very weird feeling to be stepping on the accelerator and have act like it was topped out. The problem lasted about a minute and then it was OK

details: 120 or so ideal miles, Standard mode, Temps were are fairly low.

Are the car logs time stamped? If I tell the store/Tesla engineers that this happened on Monday twix 2 and 4PM could they find it?
Only time it's ever happened.

Are the car logs time stamped? If I tell the store/Tesla engineers that this happened on Monday twix 2 and 4PM could they find it?

Yes. The drive records are time stamped every second. Send me the logs and I can take a look. But it sound like you had a traction control event as you were coming up the ramp. Was the road bumpy?

Thanks Scott,

Yeah TC is likely the culprit if that's a symptom.

Road not bumpy but I still have these wanky Falken rear tires for a few more days. I'll send you my files tomorrow.

Thanks Scott,

Yeah TC is likely the culprit if that's a symptom.

Road not bumpy but I still have these wanky Falken rear tires for a few more days. I'll send you my files tomorrow.

Another reason the TC might have engaged: The paint markings on the road can cause drive wheels to slip, especially if the paint has been applied over the years and is really built up. On my underpowered honda, I feel like a bit of a racer when this phenomenon happens.:biggrin: