Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Model S Plaid & Performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who are running 20's, how are they working out? What tires and sizes are you running? I was thinking about going with 20's and DWS06's but not really any good size options.

It is cold enough here and long enough that I can't really use summer tires. At the same time, cold isn't long enough or bad enough to warranty another set of winter tires, so leaning toward all seasons.
Am running 265/40/20 in the front, 295/35/20 in the rear - Michelin PS4 all seasons. Yea there was some howling sound on specific tarmac for the first 500 miles but it’s all gone now. Great tires . I believe there is also now a 255/40/20 and 285/35/20 size in those all seasons

Last edited:
Reactions: DayTrippin
For those who are running 20's, how are they working out? What tires and sizes are you running? I was thinking about going with 20's and DWS06's but not really any good size options.

It is cold enough here and long enough that I can't really use summer tires. At the same time, cold isn't long enough or bad enough to warranty another set of winter tires, so leaning toward all seasons.

Chicago area here, no issues with noise and great traction with the Michelin all-seasons, running 265/40 20” square setup. I will return to the stock 21” for summer (at least until I use up the summer tires), but I will likely stick ith all-seasons moving forward, unless that Michelin EV Sport really shows big improvements in range and a quiet ride.

Attachments

• F748A978-545B-416F-975F-22BC4C6633C9.jpeg
    F748A978-545B-416F-975F-22BC4C6633C9.jpeg
    847.8 KB · Views: 220
  • B5FD8998-8524-4AA4-85EE-A370C05641CF.jpeg
    B5FD8998-8524-4AA4-85EE-A370C05641CF.jpeg
    674.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 3F2C0C87-C442-462A-A8A8-E88BDACA72A2.jpeg
    3F2C0C87-C442-462A-A8A8-E88BDACA72A2.jpeg
    643.3 KB · Views: 213
Chicago area here, no issues with noise and great traction with the Michelin all-seasons, running 265/40 20” square setup. I will return to the stock 21” for summer (at least until I use up the summer tires), but I will likely stick ith all-seasons moving forward, unless that Michelin EV Sport really shows big improvements in range and a quiet ride.
MSM is the best color! 🤣

07AC90C3-A8CA-4AAF-A255-EC27E1B8A8F4.jpeg

my error. i Just read through this thread and didnt realize offset specs are trade secrets.
With Signature that appears to be the case. OTOH you can use wheel fitment sites after doing a little measuring on your own, to get where you want to be.

If you are really pushing the limits of width, you don't want to make an expensive mistake and aren't too sure about your measuring skills, then Jamie @ Signature is a great way to go. While I haven't bought a set of wheels from him, our interaction has been excellent.

Reactions: Bull and Laddcruzer
What size width rims did you go with 9.5/10.5?
Yup... my only recommendation is that if you are thinking of the 255/285 combo, go 9" front / 10" rears instead of the 9.5"/10.5"

why? because you dont want the rim sticking out if the tire is getting stretched on it.
Here are the new Model S OEM wheel specifications including the offset from the Owners Manual.

1645753125856.png

1645753190336.png

Last edited:
regarding road noise - what's the consensus on you guys running generic spec summer 21" Michelin PS4? (Not the Tesla spec foam lined PS4s)

Is road noise MUCH louder than stock? Does it subside after some miles on the rubber?
Not exactly what you're looking for, but I had to change out to 21" Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4s to replace OEM summers. No foam in the AS4, but I haven't actually noticed that much more tire noise. I hadn't done any scientific tests or anything, but it doesn't seem too much louder than stock.

Reactions: MrPlaidz
Not exactly what you're looking for, but I had to change out to 21" Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4s to replace OEM summers. No foam in the AS4, but I haven't actually noticed that much more tire noise. I hadn't done any scientific tests or anything, but it doesn't seem too much louder than stock.
I had some initial increase in road noise but it seems to have quietened down. Or I just don’t notice it anymore.

However, take a look at the front fender lining - it’s hard plastic with bits of woven material in there, not like the rear fenders that have a full woven wool / polyester lining.

That plastic lining is noisy every time a pebble hits it from the road. There is also a large cavity right behind thee fenders that amplifies sounds. There is a piece of fitted insulation up against the firewall side in that cavity that should reduce road noise but it was not secured in my car causing noise. A trip to the service center was needed for them to re-adhere it to the firewall. Look for the looose insulation if you have noise.

I suspect someone like rpmtesla will possibly come out with a fully woven fender lining add on (they have one for the model 3) that has a similar issue.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Somewhat unrelated but I found a set of SV104s and I’m curious if they would fit my pre-refresh (2019) Model S. Thoughts?

Front: 21x9.5 et 25
Rear: 21x11 et 30

The front is slightly aggressive but will be fine. But the rear will definitely poke out and pretty aggressive fitment for the pre-refresh. Those aren’t the common spec we recommend, so I would double check and make sure they are bore to fit the S.