Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only 1 turn signal blink at the first detent; phantom window openings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just get one blink unless I hold it there. Manual says 3 blinks. Anybody else experiencing this?
I've had the car 3 weeks; this has been the case with 48.26 and now 48.30.

Also I've found a window unexpectedly down 3-4" on 3 different occasions.

Have you tried a power-off reboot (p. 51 in the manual)? Sit tight for about 2 minutes before restarting.

Although usually not needed, you can power off Model 3 while sitting in the driver’s seat, provided the vehicle is not moving. Touch Controls > Safety & Security > Power Off . Model 3 automatically powers back on again if you press the brake pedal or touch the touchscreen.

That worked!! Thanks for the suggestion - I often give that advice for misbehaving iPhones but I guess I haven't yet got the mind set that the T is a big computer on wheels. Here's hoping it cures the occasional window opening - time will tell.

If it is the same window that opens, you may try recalibrating that window. It is easy to do and the steps are in the owners manual.

Also, you can set the car to automatically roll up all windows after the car is locked. You can toggle that on/off in the car settings.

My Tesla is the only modern car I own that the power windows continue to work when you open the door. Like adayley posted, I have found that when I use the door to assist me out of the drivers seat, I sometimes inadvertently hit the power window switch and partially roll one or more of the windows down. However, in one of the more recent SW updates, I noticed that when my car locks, it also will roll any of the windows up that happen to be down. I don't remember having to set that up, it was a default setting. When I first got the car, this behavior (auto roll-up of windows) wasn't a feature.

For what it's worth, my 65 Buick has power windows, and they are powered no matter what the ignition switch is set for. Which makes it incredibly easy to break into the car, by the way. :-(

Keith

Reactions: adayley