Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opticoat PPF not ceramic coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have opti-coat on my 2019. Check around as the price will vary tremendously. Many also offer 1 up to 3 year warranty for more money...not better application. Simply paying upfront for them to reapply...IF...they are still in business. I have had it now since June and I like it...easy clean and looks shiny even after highway rain etc for days.
There are multiple versions: pro and non. It seems the pro version is applied with a professional polisher as opposed to hand rub. Either one requires the vehicle to sit indoors to allow the application to adhere for 24-48 hrs after. The BIG difference is going to be the prep BEFORE any application. Factory swirl marks etc removed will make any application look better. This is where the better shop comes in...manual labor but skill is required.
I also use the opti-coat soap wash but still rinse with treated water (whole house) and blow dry with Dewalt electric blower for no water spots. Additionally, I use all the Opti-coat products. Interior products seems to keep white seats clean...don’t know if the glass products work but I use/used them as well!