Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ovo charge anytime & M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I’m a recent M3 highland owner and am having issues with OVO charge anytime with ovo charge anytime not registering all kWh used for charging and thus giving me a reduced credit. For example my most recent charge was 35.kWh as per pod point app, 33kwh as per Tesla app, but then only 26kwh as per ovo amy time app, so being charged full rate for at least 7kwh. Over the year only equates to around £100, but annoying all the same as with my previous EV (BMW i3) only the odd KWh was missed from the ovo anytime credit. ovo have said this large difference is common amongst other M3’s, just wondering if others are actually seeing this or just me!

Thanks
Mike

I ditched the anytime app as superfluous, but I don’t think so.

I don’t have the same setup as you, but to try compare;
My normal Ovo app (click on your EV, then credits, then find out how we calculated this) is showing 414kwh charged so far this month and my Ohme app is showing 430kwh provided. That’s about 4% loss, which is acceptable to me.

I have a pod point charger which isn’t compatible with charge ovo anytime so I have to use the charge anytime app as that controls charging directly with my car. The latest charge last night showed a 30% difference! Over the 3 charges I’ve done the actual kWh difference is 7-8kwh, so I’m assuming this is the base loss and that when I charge make sure I start from as low battery % as possible and charge to max.

Plenty of Tesla api issues recently, so they might not be lying 😂

As I say, my setup isn’t the same and you might be out of luck until the api is fixed, given your incompatible charger. I have the Ohme, which knows it is on ovo anytime, so I have disconnected from the Tesla api (as I have 2 and don’t want to keep swapping)