Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Protection Christchurch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9AC8B4D6-3ED1-44D6-B047-A4797F0AAA19.jpeg just picked up my Model 3 after getting a double ceramic coating and the results are awesome. Chatting to the receptionist at http://www.detailking.nz/ she was saying that mine was the fourth Model 3 they have done in the last three weeks with another in tomorrow. 3 have gone for the full PPF and the other two for ceramic coating. If anyone is looking at getting it done then I found the service and staff to be awesome, the Model 3 is a ‘medium’ car when looking at the website pricing.

I paid $1600 for some paint correction followed by a double treatment of the ceramic coating. I only wanted to go for the ceramic as opposed to the PPF as I am more interested in protecting the paint from dirt/bird poo etc and for the hydrophobic qualities instead of trying to prevent stone chips etc. My mate did the full PPF and ceramic inside and out which cost him north of $7k. It was interesting talking to them as they said some of the Model 3’s have had good paint work where as one was full of damage such as scratches, swirls and thin paint which pretty much reflects the forum that the odd one or two get dispatched with issues.

I paid $1600 for some paint correction followed by a double treatment of the ceramic coating. I only wanted to go for the ceramic as opposed to the PPF as I am more interested in protecting the paint from dirt/bird poo etc and for the hydrophobic qualities instead of trying to prevent stone chips etc. My mate did the full PPF and ceramic inside and out which cost him north of $7k. It was interesting talking to them as they said some of the Model 3’s have had good paint work where as one was full of damage such as scratches, swirls and thin paint which pretty much reflects the forum that the odd one or two get dispatched with issues.

Was this the double diamond package? Hows it working out?

It was the double diamond package I had done. I am no car or paint expert so can only tell you that the paint does look great and when you wash the car it is very easy, nothing really sticks. I will be honest and say that I haven’t noticed any difference with regard to the hydrophobic properties. Gives me peace of mind though that the paint has an extra level of protection from things like, bugs, bird *sugar* etc.

I had Tesla repair my Model 3 paint problems and it took over a week and now looks good. I'm not going to spend any more money other than I've had applied bottom sill film and Car Valet giving the exterior a good going over in a year. Stone chips will happen but I have found staying back from vehicles in front (Auto Pilot is good for this) makes a huge difference from stone damage. I pull out to pass vehicles way before I get too close.

I had Tesla repair my Model 3 paint problems and it took over a week and now looks good. I'm not going to spend any more money other than I've had applied bottom sill film and Car Valet giving the exterior a good going over in a year. Stone chips will happen but I have found staying back from vehicles in front (Auto Pilot is good for this) makes a huge difference from stone damage. I pull out to pass vehicles way before I get too close.

I agree, I already have a stone chip from roadworks, but that is a fact of life around here. As I say, the ceramic coating wasn't to prevent chips etc but to provide a bit more resiliance to thinks like bugs, tar, bird poop as I am not very good a getting out there every day and washing it away. Says more about me than Tesla :)