Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Protection Film, front bumper 2 piece or 1 piece install?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm shopping around for PPF shops and some shops are advertising they do "single piece" custom PPF installs on the front bumper where other shops install two film pieces in order to complete the bumper.

They claim 1 piece is the right way to do it and it avoids ugly creases that would be visible under sunlight, it sounds logical to me. Wanted to ask here who got PPF full front wrap done and was it a single piece for the bumper?

I have the full car done in PPF and my shop did full pieces everywhere possible. Using pre-cuts is a bad idea for the reason you posted. The cuts will collect dirt and look ugly over time and be very noticeable especially on a white car like mine. Applying ceramic coating can help to prevent the dirt from sticking, but a good shop will use a full roll and tuck the cuts inside door jams, etc, to prevent this from being noticeable.

Reactions: XLR82XS
My front bumper is done in 1 piece with the exception of the lower middle portion from edge to edge of where the curves start near the fog-lights. Reason for this is of the edge ever gets scraped - the center piece can be replaced.
Bulk install is SO MUCH nicer than pre-cut kits.