Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Protection Film - opinion from those who’ve had it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos - car not washed and lots of shadows. I'll upload different ones with a full review later, but thought I would pass these on. The chrome delete and full body PPF came out really good on the solid black. very happy with Premier Auto Tint out of El Dorado Hills, CA.

I have an appointment for tint with them. Overall how would you rate their service and quality of installation?

I would suggest anyone putting a wrap of any type on your car, if you plan to keep it for a long time remove it after a few years and install a new one. It will damage your finish, in some way, milky look to the clear coat and other issues. I have had many cars done with different materials, they all have had issues after many years on the car. Just something to pay attention to

If you feel up to it, buy a roll of 3M PPF and install it yourself. Took me two weekends - did paint correction while I was at it. Not a professional job, but I'm happy with my work :)

Cleaning is easy as taking a microfiber towel and wiping off all the carbon and dirt with some foam soap spray.

When you wrapped your car, is there a recommended order that you would do it in?

When you wrapped your car, is there a recommended order that you would do it in?

I did the sides first, then front bumper, then hood, then the rear. Left the top as is I ran out of material (messed up once on the top pillars).

Reason I did them in this order is to reduce scratching to the paint with the application tools. Always have to be aware of each movement.

Reactions: rwl7575