Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Potomac (Rockville) Car show? Sat 8/19 10-2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CatB

Supporting Member
I'm going. This is for a good cause, and who can say no to ice cream?
I have a message into Walt to confirm that he's still looking for cars. So please PM me if you'd like to go so we can coordinate. Would be AWESOME to have a roadster and X... :)

From Walt, the organizer
Thank you for agreeing to show your car/s this Saturday at the Park Potomac Car Show & Ice Cream Social for Charity event. OK, some of you agreed, but for the others on this list that have not yet agreed, I am hoping you can come out, show your car or motorcycle, have a fun Saturday afternoon, and help us support this great cause.

Our goal was is put on a 30 + car display and we are getting closer to hitting that target, again.....

Unfortunately, we had a dozen or so drop out due to this weekend being a take your kid back to college weekend that some had forgotten about as well as some other previous commitments that came up. Regardless, we still have a nice array of cars for the show and the attendee list is growing again.

With this in mind, if you have more than one car you would like to show or have a friend that would like to join in, we still have about a dozen or so spots open. Please let me know and we will add the entry to the list. As mentioned, there is no entry fee, however there will be 3 best in show awards, lots of ice cream, prize drawings provided by the many corporate sponsors, activity for the kids, food, music, and fun.

Logistics:
Please plan on showing up between 10 am and 10:30 am Saturday morning so we can get your car registered and parked on the lawn. I will be there to assist with registration and I will direct you to the designated parking area on the lawn. The point of entry will be off of Park Potomac Ave, at the corner of Cadbury Ave and Park Potomac Ave. If possible, please plan on staying until about 2 PM.

The car show will start at 11:00 AM and the Ice Cream Social begins at 1:00 PM. The Best in Show awards will be announced around 2 PM.

As you may know, the focus of the ICSC is on the underprivileged children of Montgomery County who often times have to face the prospect of going back to school either with no backpack or with a tattered hand-me-down from a sibling or neighbor. Last year there were over 1,100 backpacks collected and literally thousands of pens, pencils, markers, and other school supplies. We ask that you please help us exceed last years donations.