Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part number for Tail light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.
I got my Tesla 3 on summer, but there are problem with tail light. Water going in (or condensate) into it and at the moment its not working anymore. I am from Riga/Latvia and the nearest service center is in Finland or Poland, so its cheaper to buy this and change by myself. . My car is end of 2020 model and there are more than one item model to order, so I want to buy the correct one.
Is there a way to check my actual part number? I take out my lamp and the sticker was wanish out, so I cant physically check it. Is Tesla Service site, I cant find nothing, because it show me nothing.

Attachments

• 67b385a2-647e-448e-909e-c0453666d4d6.JPG
    67b385a2-647e-448e-909e-c0453666d4d6.JPG
    369.2 KB · Views: 171
  • PHOTO-2022-09-28-16-18-47.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-09-28-16-18-47.jpg
    819 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 08.51.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 08.51.33.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 77
Hello.
I got my Tesla 3 on summer, but there are problem with tail light. Water going in (or condensate) into it and at the moment its not working anymore. I am from Riga/Latvia and the nearest service center is in Finland or Poland, so its cheaper to buy this and change by myself. . My car is end of 2020 model and there are more than one item model to order, so I want to buy the correct one.
Is there a way to check my actual part number? I take out my lamp and the sticker was wanish out, so I cant physically check it. Is Tesla Service site, I cant find nothing, because it show me nothing.
Have you tried taking out the gore patch in the back (carefully) and drying the light thoroughly before reapplying it? If it is pure water condensate, it may be possible for it to work again after a fully drying.

This video may give hints of how to do so and also to seal the light to prevent the issue (it's for a different part, but idea is similar):
If you feel iffy about using an oven, it may be possible to do a similar thing by putting it in an airtight container with rice or a desiccant, of course making sure that desiccant does not get into the light in the process. It may however take several days to dry out the part however. A hair dryer may also work to accelerate drying.

As for looking up the part, the sticker is what shows it. You can see if the other opposite light might have a sticker that is still visible and it may give hints.

If you have access to the EPC, this section should show the part numbers:
Model 3
17 - ELECTRICAL
1740 - Exterior Lights
Tail Lights
Parts Catalog
In mine in the USA, it shows 1077397-00-H for LAMP ASY, REAR BODYSIDE SAE, LEFT HAND.

You may look on ebay also to see how parts look and if they match (you can for example see the light wattage ratings and how the pictures look).

I see in your picture, on the black plastic there is written SAE 1077397 (which presumably is the US version)
Here is an example of one:
USED Tesla Set Lamp ASY Rear BodySide SAE RH/LH 1077398-00-H & 1077397-00-H | eBay
There is also ECE 1077399 (which presumably is the version for Europe), here is example of one:
Tesla Model 3 Rear Light Rear Left 1077399-00-C Electricity 2020 | eBay

There is a letter suffix which usually denotes revisions, but they may be cross compatible (although later revision may have improvements). If you are ordering through Tesla, you can always ask them to make sure it works for your specific model. Or if you are ordering through a third party, ask them also, as they probably have experience with people replacing lamps (and if it doesn't work people would return them).

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Hey, @stopcrazypp !
Big Thanks for you reply. Now, I know where to start. I didn't try drying the light, but i will try. Thanks for the video.
About Parts Catalog- I can open your link and see wat's there , but it shows nothing when I type something on search. Maybe I don't have access or its not that simple as just typing "Tail light" :)
The second sticker are the same "quality". The picture in attachments are actually from the second lamp. Is there difference from Europe and USA tail light lamp? If I understand right, this lamp type is Plug&play and don't need any programming to work it , right?

Hey, @stopcrazypp !
Big Thanks for you reply. Now, I know where to start. I didn't try drying the light, but i will try. Thanks for the video.
About Parts Catalog- I can open your link and see wat's there , but it shows nothing when I type something on search. Maybe I don't have access or its not that simple as just typing "Tail light" :)
It should ask you to login to your Tesla account. There should be a picture that shows the taillights parts and if you scroll down it will have a corresponding part number to the items in the picture. The particular part is not called Taillight and search may not work properly. In mine, the one in your picture that shows it taken out is called LAMP ASY, REAR BODYSIDE SAE, LEFT HAND.

You may have to go in the menu manually and select these options:
Model 3
17 - ELECTRICAL
1740 - Exterior Lights
Tail Lights
The second sticker are the same "quality". The picture in attachments are actually from the second lamp. Is there difference from Europe and USA tail light lamp? If I understand right, this lamp type is Plug&play and don't need any programming to work it , right?
I have no idea if there are any differences between the two models. If I recall correctly, some markets like Europe have amber turn signals. In the US we don't. I would try to order the right one for your market.

For example here, people that try to install a European light with amber turn signals in the US needed to modify the wiring harness:

As far as I know it is plug and play (presuming you get the right light). When I installed a trailer harness for another project, I remember each pin just activated a different part of the light, so it's not sending a complex digital signal to the light, it is just turning a particular light on or off.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin