Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PDF or ceramic coat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are several posts here on pff & ceramic coat. Is it worth it? I plan to keep the can for good number of years
Does PDF look plasticky if applied to the front only & not on the entire car? What about ceramic? How much cost to get it done professionally does it last long or its better to DIY every couple of months?

It's a good investment in the long haul. The PPF prevents rock chips. The ceramic coating maintains the new car look makes washing/maintenance a lot easier, saving you a lot of time and the process of detailing your car more enjoyable. That being said, you still need to maintain your car.

Reactions: SumaPerformance
Agree with @TMYILIKE. It depends. If you don't mind getting rock chips here and there, then you don't need PPF. PPF is so good now these days that you can't tell it is even there. Full front PPF will cost you at least $1,800. Ceramica coating starts from $1,000+ up and upward, depending what the kind of package that you are getting.

Get the PPF for the front end. Then use a DIY kit for the ceramic SIO2. There are DIY kits available that are much much less than having a dealer apply them. I had XPEL on my F450 along with Opticoat done. The Opticoat lasted about a year or more, and then unless I was willing to pay for another touch up again (expensive), it because somewhat useless. So I cleaned the truck up myself and applied some Avalon King ceramic. Truck is parked out side (way too big to fit in my garage lol), and after several months still repels water and looks clean. Silicon dioxide is silicone dioxide it seems.

Reactions: csrpenfab