Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian warning sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found I could sneak up on people with my Corvair (engine in the rear). Then, same thing with the LEAF (despite the factory-added noisemaker, even switching it on and off). And then, with a front engined Honda. Conclusion: people with perfectly good hearing simply don't pay attention. My ingenious solution is to follow them for the 10 seconds or so for them to reach their destination before proceeding. Nothing bad happens. Sometimes they even notice a car was following them.

The OP wanted a chime of some sort. Well, here you go--now you can sound like a cable car:
EV Pedestrian Trolly Bell - Horn Alternative, EV West
ev-pedestrian-trolly-bell-horn-alternative.jpg
When I hear this, I know to look around for something electric :)

Reactions: PrGrPa and KyleDay
Good stuff, and commercially viable* within the mainstream EV crowd. Not to mention for those street-legal golf carts popping up all over the Beach Cities, Palm Springs, and any number of retirement and resort communities.

Looking forward to pricing if this gets that far down the road. Especially since in this new era of deregulation I don’t know that Tesla will be compelled to add this all that soon.

* unlike a certain alternative to perfectly good citrus that cropped up recently.

• Funny
Reactions: HankLloydRight

Google/youtube really didn't like that link!

Here's the correct one:

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later. Why did this happen?

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may see this page if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.

IP address:
Time: 2018-04-11T01:39:49Z
URL: https://youtube.com/watch?v=VNtlGfHCrEs&ved=0ahUKEwin5rruirHaAhWIrFQKHQWLAogQtwIIKDAB&usg=AOvVaw3nYbGf4RmMREbp55EniPhO

• Helpful
Reactions: GatorGuy
Moderator note: Moved a baker's dozen of posts to snippiness. The main reason were some posts that used an insulting Spanish word to refer to other TMC members (I learned some new vocabulary today). Personal attacks on other TMC members, regardless of langauge, will not be tolerated.

Unfortunately, when we do a thread cleanup, there are often some responses which quote or refer to the offending posts, that also get moved to snippiness as well. That was the case here. I apologize to their authors. Feel free to repost any material you think is still relevant to this thread.

Bruce.

Thanks for the explanation Bruce. Looking at that thread though, I only see the initial offending post and one quoted post of that post. All the other posts moved to snippiness don't seem to be part of that one poor word choice, nor reference it. Why not just remove those two posts and leave everything else? The rest of the posts after that certainly didn't seem to be qualified as 'snippiness'. JMHO.