Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People Pulling Charger Out At Apartment Complex - How To Handle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed this label in my charge port - no guarantee that the person will take the time to text me, but I figured it might help reduce the likelihood of someone just yanking the charger out when using an adapter. Obviously this wouldn't apply to chargers using the NACS plug since it's locked in when charging, but for charging with adapters, this may help. And yes, I always move the car when I have finished charging, but someone could be in a hurry and I'm willing to accommodate emergency charge requests.

By the way, I didn't think of this - I saw another Tesla with a label like this in their charge port and thought it was a nice idea.

Charger Port Label.jpg

It’s just one data point but I have been going months at a time with lfp’s charging to just 55%. Then I spent some time running the lfp’s down to 0 and charging them to 100% to let the BMS re-calibrate. Same difference. The BMS never really got very far off track from the 55% charging…I certainly wouldn’t let a big conflict erupt over my desperate need to charge to 100% once every week religiously…
Agree. I charged my LFP to 💯 every 3-4 weeks and my BMS was always spot on. Otherwise I'd charge to 65% and recharge when it got under 20%

Reactions: zoomer0056