Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perforated Seat Tearing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's silly. This is the first post I've seen of any Tesla with the issue. I'm sure there are other owners with more than 5000 miles by now (I have 9,000 miles and zero issues). If you wear jeans, perhaps one has a metal pocket rivet that is damaged and snagged the seat. Has anyone else ever sat in the driver's seat? Perhaps they caused the damage with something in their pocket. I don't see how any manufacturer would cover this under warranty no matter the material - leather or vegan if caused by abuse, even if inadvertent. Now if the seat was damaged when you first got the car, then it should be covered under warranty.

This pushed me to reset my password. Something is defective in specifically the S/X refreshed white seats with perforations. My 21 S had the issue at the same time as the steering wheel and both were replaced under warranty. Got a 22 X the same thing happened but they wanted to charge $1050 with tax to replace the seats. Got a new S, but this time with black seats and have not had a problem with them. I get a new car every year, 7 have been teslas.