Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perforated Seats in P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any detail (or can point me to a source) that talks about which years had these and which did not? I had read that they were discontinued in Jan 2017 but also read that they were in 2018's.

I had a very late model 2016 that had them and I liked them. I am looking for a used P100D now and wanted to know which I should focus on if I want the perforated seats....but at the same time I want to get a 'new' enough one to have improved tech, etc.

Thanks all

Does anyone have any detail (or can point me to a source) that talks about which years had these and which did not?

I'm going to cross-post here and quote myself from another thread:

The Tesla Premium seats with ventilation were introduced with the Model X late 2015 and discontinued in mid January 2017. Tesla took a stab at ventilated seats again starting with May 2018 builds with a new Gen2 ventilation system. Since these seats were made post July 2017, all colors have synthetic "vegan" leather. They were again discontinued on May 2019 with the introduction of the Raven models.

All Tan and Black Premium Seats with Gen1 ventilation system on both Model S and Model X, are full leather. The only color of Tesla Premium seats with or without the ventilation feature that didn't have real leather, were the Ultra White seats.